Quick log in does not work if the "Username/Email/Phone" input field is filled out with an email

Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-04-23 17:04:00 (+03:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-23 18:04:00 (+03:00)

Reproduction Steps:
Put an email in the “Username/Email/Phone” login field, then press the “Quick Log In” button.
Then in a browser/device where you are logged in, press the “Quick Log In” button which can be found in the website settings dropdown, and enter the code that you got from pressing the “Quick Log In” button in the other device/browser.

I reproduced this in Ungoogled Chromium.
Here is the browser information:

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.114 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior:
I expect to be able to use Quick Log In, regardless of what I’ve inputted to the login input fields as they are not relevant when using the Quick Log In feature.

Actual Behavior:
Once the reproduction steps are done, it will attempt to log in and fail.
The error code will be either “Account not found” if you did not put anything in the password input field, or “Incorrect email or password.” if you did put something in the password input field.

Workaround:
Leaving the login fields empty.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

Hello! This issue should be fixed! Let us know if it still occurs. Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.