print(tab)
  1. Set a breakpoint on line 2 (print)
  2. Run
  3. Position the mouse over the variable tab
  4. Move the mouse slowly and try to expand the variable

Expected Behavior
The quick inspection popup should not move when moving the mouse

Actual Behavior
If I move the mouse slowly, the popup moves along with the mouse, preventing expanding the popup.

Workaround
I have to make a fast movement with the mouse to be able to position it above the popup and so can expand it.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-12-09 00:12:00 (-03:00)

1 Like

Thanks for the report ! Unfortunately, fixing it isn’t currently on the roadmap. We want to avoid changing default QT tooltip behavior and we believe this issue has a low impact, given you have to move your mouse slowly to repro it.

1 Like

I completely disagree. What’s the point of making this quick inspection popup move along with the mouse if it needs to stay still so that the mouse can open it?
To say that this will not be fixed is a mockery for developers.

They didn’t say so – the previous post suggests that it would be significant effort working around Qt behavior (Qt = framework for UI for Studio application) and that they estimated the impact is quite low, so low impact + high effort = low priority over other issues. It does not mean it will never be fixed.

If you think it should be high impact, make that reason specifically clear in your follow-up. They’re not denying there is a UX impact.

1 Like