Quidditch ball support

Hello! So… i haven’t started on this yet. But i’m going to be making a quidditch system… i have everything mostly planned out but i have a question about making the 3 balls of quidditch fly around? Does anyone have any thoughts as to how to make the snitch and the bludger follow smooth random flight patterns.

I’ve thought of a few ways, and I’d appreciate feedback and extra thoughts on the matter:

1. using body velocity/force and constantly change the velocity and direction of the ball.
  2. Have the parts anchored and in a loop create a random vector 3 point starting from a certain radius(so the ball stays within the pitch), then create a new random destination when the ball reaches its destination.
  3. Tweening the part from random position to random position.

None of these methods account for smooth flight patterns or smart flight. That would need to be figured out separately from the random positions i guess. The balls do need to be intercept-able and probably will be come tools for the purposes and game design that I have in mind. I’m not sure yet… my priority is figuring out how to make them fly in smart ways. The bludger for instance(And i can definitely figure this part out after the primary ball flight system is thought up) might search out and follow certain players to attack them… cause ya know, bludgers are bludgers.

Any thoughts on this? :slight_smile:
Thank!

3 Likes