R15 - Additional package customization

Hi!

At the moment, I find it somewhat difficult to make very specific package combos from R15 packages. After a bit of thinking and looking at the composition of packages, I got a really interesting idea to sort of spice up avatar customization without having to change too much at all.

My idea was to be able to swap out the hands and feet of a package, so that I can use a different package’s hands or feet. I thought this would be beneficial for a multitude of reasons, though the main reason is for things like swapping out the foot shape of an avatar, or maybe changing the hand model up to add a glove to your hand from a different package.

Let’s take one of my avatar appearances for example:

Click to view

(Image won’t load. Image is a picture of me in the package called The Crook with the default hands that come with the package)

It’s a pretty nice appearance on its own, but with this feature I thought of, I would be able to change it up a little bit and have a bit more fun with my avatar. Here’s a crude example I threw together in studio:

Click to view

(Image won’t load. It was a version of me in the package called The Crook with the default hands replaced by the hands for the Crimson Claw package.)

So as you can see in that image, I’ve swapped out the hands to use the hands from the Crimson Claw package, and it fits really nicely on its own. No clipping, no weird placement, nothing. I changed nothing, either.

Of course, while there may be some more wacky or crazy avatars people make, we don’t limit package mixing now so I don’t think that it should transfer over to this feature. While hands and feet are the main focus of what I think should be customizable, I’m a bit unsure about what should be dond with the upper/lower segments of torsos, arms, and legs

What do you all think?

14 Likes

I think this is a great idea to be able to change hands and similar to better fit your character.
I support this, however I can’t really tell what will be the best way to do it.

1 Like

I think this is a great idea. I’ve wanted to do the same thing with my packages.

Even with clipping hands/etc for combining weird assortments of packages, I think you’re fine. At one point ROBLOX wanted to control avatar appearance (e.g. only one of each type of accessory), but they have undone that with Advanced mode for the Avatar Editor, and Sorcus mentioned this in another thread:

3 Likes