R15 NPCs start sliding really fast when a player approaches

I don’t know if this is a bug, a scripting issue, or a building issue - but I can’t for the life of me figure out why this occurs.

Basically, I have an R15 NPC. It’s perfectly fine if I play without a player. If I add a player, the NPC is still fine - BUT, if the player gets too close to the NPC, it slides off into the abyss. I can replicate this every time.

I use avatar scaling on the NPC and collision groups on the NPC. Where am I going wrong or what exactly is happening?

Video:

edit #1: i’ve narrowed it down to it being related to avatar scaling and the player’s prescence.

edit #2: more specifically, it seems related to AutomaticScalingEnabled in the humanoid of the NPC?

Figured it out. It was because my NPC customization script wasn’t updating all of these fast enough.

4 Likes

Humanoids will slide away if their collision group is unknown. Is it possible to the server knows about the Collision group, so it’s fine when the server is simulating physics, but the client doesn’t and so this happens when the client gets ownership?

2 Likes