R15 / Rthro Ragdolls

Are you using the script in the testing place that automatically morphs your character, or are you using the Dogu15 model as a StarterCharacter?

1 Like

Yes, im using it as starter character, do i need to make a ragdoll button?

gtg

2 Likes

In that case, you need to remove line 40 from the RagdollTestScript script.

player.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:wait()

CharacterAppearanceLoaded will never happen since you are using a custom character model, so the ragdoll will never be built. I ran into this issue as well and removing this line fixed it for me.

2 Likes

So, if i do it i press R for enable ragdoll mode?

2 Likes

Yes, that should work now, as without that line the ragdoll will be built and can be used.

1 Like

So, anybody have a solution for the sliding problem that @Kabozhi explained ? Because its so annoying and i can’t find a solution

1 Like

Did this not work? I haven’t been able to replicate the bug yet so I can’t tell.

3 Likes

I have an issue where the character being ragdolled flies up after being ragdolled and i think it could be because the player’s joints are colliding with the platform part. I tried fixing this by setting the player’s rootpart velocity to vector3.new(0,0,0) in a loop if they are in a ragdoll but this just makes my knockbacks look wierd. any solutions?

1 Like

If anyone is having this issue, the solution i used is setting the Y axis of the player velocity to 0 whenever the player humanoid state is not FallingDown , FreeFalling or jumping

1 Like

Ok, so I’m having a problem where my custom character freezes up instead of falling

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2 Likes

Yes hi, are you using a StarterCharacter? If you are then go into “RagdollTestScript” and remove this code from line 40:

player.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:wait()

Brief Explanation: CharacterAppearanceLoaded will never happen since you are using a custom character model

However if you are not using a Starter Character then go into “RagdollTestScript” and remove line 39 through 45 and replace it with this code

function characterAdded(player, character)
	player.Character:WaitForChild('Humanoid', 60)
	player.Character:WaitForChild('HumanoidRootPart', 60)
	wait(0.1)

local humanoid = character:FindFirstChildOfClass("Humanoid")
	buildRagdoll(humanoid)
end

both have worked for me so far and I hope it can help you too.

7 Likes

The ragdoll looks awesome! But, when I reset, or press K, the body just stays there, and it either glitches or floats, I didn’t change anything at all:

(Im playing on my other account)

Edit: FYI: The scripts are in ServerScriptService

1 Like

How would i be able to get the gravity effect shown in your demo place?

1 Like

You can set the Gravity property in Workspace.

Is there a way to make the ragdolls despawn?

Nevermind, I got it. I dont know how, i was just messing around with the script

this does not give the intended effect, the ragdoll just goes up instead of floating towards wherever the player was walking

Is the no gravity effect in the model?

How can I make custom startercharacters work with this?

I actually really like this, but I wish the limbs had more freedom of movement. I also wish it could be more like this: Euphoria 3d Physics Engine by Natural Motion - Used in GTA4 - YouTube