R6 Characters do not apply accessories correctly

When using HumanoidDescriptions, if I were to apply a description to an R6 rig with certain accessories, the accessory will not equip correctly, usually spawning around the head area instead of where it should actually be.

This bug has been occurring for ages and seems to mainly affect back and face accessories. It also affects Humanoid:AddAccessory.

Reproduction

1. Load a humanoid description onto an R6 rig that has back/face accessories

Possible Reason:
R6 is missing various attachments that R15 has, and Roblox appears to default to just using the HatAccessory attachment. It would be better to add fallbacks for the various accessories on R6.

8 Likes

I wonder if this is the reason for the head-stuck-in-door bug.
Curious what the Attachment name is, or if its name only matters in the sense
of ā€˜unknown to R6ā€™. I have something with an attachment called ā€œCenterā€, and it seems to often
attach to the face of any Humanoid if hurled at them.

Hello! I canā€™t seem to reproduce this. Can you please provide a repro file? Thank you!

3 Likes

r6 bug repro.rbxl (25.0 KB)
if you run the file, itā€™ll apply one of my outfits where the bug happens

1 Like

Iā€™ve been having the same issue ever since Iā€™ve had Back accessories equipped, usually with less-than-stellar results:
Iā€™ve been wondering if thereā€™s a way to prevent this from happening without removing the Back accessories completely.

Thanks for the additional information! I was able to reproduce this. Weā€™ve filed a ticket to our internal database and weā€™ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? Iā€™m having this problem right now

1 Like

It probably happens because when you use the rig builder, it doesnā€™t add the necessary accessory attachments. While that should be fixed imo, I have a rig that contains the necessary attachments if you want, it fixed the positioning for me:
dummy.rbxm (10.7 KB)

3 Likes