R6 Morph's Animations not working

Hey Developer Forum members!

Today I was making a morph but something I noticed is that animations for the morph itself don’t work, but work on npcs.

I tried using the “Animate” script but it still had the “I” pose. I also tried some other techniques but the one that worked was more so for npcs because it was for JUST idle anims.

1 Like

Morphs has separate parts that contain motor6d not similar to a regular r6 or r15 rig except if the morph is just some mesh parts welded on the player that is set to invisible.

What you could do is make another animation or if you can’t, you could learn it or just pay someone to do it for you.

Hey, thanks to the response! The rig it self is okay and is animated correct, maybe you could check the rig and if there’s anything wrong with it?

Just realized all of the motor6ds are located inside the torso, you can’t move the torso since there’s no motor6d to support it to make it move so i suggest making a motor6d inside the humanoid root part connecting it to the torso so the torso can move at all cost (unless if you disconnect it of course).

Edit: Also, it can’t move itself even though if there is a motor6d inside it that is connecting it from it.

1 thing I want to point out real quick, the torso is the main part, not the HumanoidRootPart if I see this correctly. As the Motor6D connected to HumanoidRootPart and Torso, but note that the HumanoidRootPart has to be Part0 of the Motor6D and the Torso Part1.

I actually moved all of them (except the torso there later), I thought I had to, that’s why, but they stay in the same position.

HumanoidRootPart IS Part0 and Torso is Part1, and all of this is not about the morph specifically, it’s about animations like walking, idle etc. don’t work.

1. Does it work in game / Team-Test / Local server? Instead of ROBLOX Studio.
  2. Are you the owner of the animation and the game?
  1. Doesn’t work in any of them, only on the NPCs that showcase the animations (they have the same rig and everything)

2. Yes, I’m the owner of the animations and the game.

1. Can you show me how you Morph people with this rig + show the parent of the rig?
  2. Can you give us the script you use to animate the players (+ detail if it’s client/server)?

Here’s the script:

local pad = script.Parent
local characterName = "Pandy"
local character = pad.Parent:WaitForChild(characterName)

local debounce = true
pad.Touched:Connect(function(obj)
	local plr = game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(obj.Parent)
	if plr and debounce == true then
		debounce = false

pad.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Institutional white")

local charClone = character:Clone()
		charClone.Name = plr.Name
		plr.Character = charClone

local rootPart = charClone:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart") or charClone:FindFirstChild("Torso")
		local plrRoot = obj.Parent:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart") or obj.Parent:FindFirstChild("Torso")

if rootPart and plrRoot then
			rootPart.CFrame = plrRoot.CFrame
		end

charClone.Parent = workspace

wait(.5)

pad.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Institutional white")
		debounce = true
	end
end)

Wouldn’t it be smarter if the player started as that rig?
Meaning you’d put the model of the rig (call it “StarterCharacter”) and put it in StarterPlayer, then move the Humanoid out of StarterCharacter and inside StarterPlayer and call it “StarterHumanoid”.

It seems to work kinda, but how do I move one object from StarterPlayer to StarterCharacter with a script?