R6 & R15 Animate Module

I wrote a small animate class that PARTIALLY follows SOLID and OOP principles. It works for both R6 and R15 rig types.

You can adjust any transition value in this module to suit your needs (since it’s configured for my game). Also, don’t forget to add the animation IDs that you plan to use.

I removed Emotes and Dances because they aren’t needed in my game through chat commands. I will add a complement to this module in the form of an animation (emote) player. And of course, if you evaluate this module, I’ll share the code and make it perfect XD

Script:

1 Like

Im not sure whats causing this,

So weird bug, it will NOT stop playing the default animations. Any other animations are ovveridden I think…

I have a sprint mechanic, Animation works fine with normal animate, but with this my character is now steve from minecraft in creative mode.

Im too lazy to look into the code and bother you, so if you could tell me a possible reason that would be lovely.

Also like god they need to remake the animate script bro :sweat_smile:

Edit: There is a public method called “ChangeMovementSpeed”. Is this supposed to replace functionality? im not sure, i just drank coffee and feel like a squirrel on steriods.

Edit: This module is goated, god damn nice work!

2 Likes

Well, as I already mentioned above, if people give feedback on this module, I’ll definitely improve it by adding convenient animation (emote) playback, preset with animations for R6 and R15 characters.

For now, this module is just a rework of the existing ‘Animate’ script, but in a better, more comprehensive form.

Edit: The public methods are created simply to demonstrate that you can use the module’s functions externally. They are not intended for any specific functionality at the moment, just for demonstration purposes

Oh sorry, ill try to fix my own issue then. Thank you!

also again thank you so much for taking the time to recreate that horrid creation called “Animate”

1 Like

One suggestion I strongly encourage is Preloading the animations.

The “PlayAnimation” function contains the only piece of code that loads an animation. This can sometimes lead to bugs, or just weird looking loading.

I suggest creating a function that is called in the “.new” class.

Also, I suggest keeping the animation Id’s in a table or module, for ease of access and to retire the “_CreateAnimationInstance” function.

I have updated the module. All of the above has been taken into account.

I haven’t done the emotion playback module yet XD
Maybe someone will push me towards it, but I built the structure so that it wouldn’t be an issue for someone else to implement it, but the module is unlikely to receive any updates from me.

1 Like