R6 Texture Compression with Hats/Accessories

I wanted to put this under feature requests but it seems that I can’t post anything under that topic.

I’m really wondering why R6 has accessories undergo really terrible texture compressions as opposed to R15 just not having that feature at all? Even in the 3D viewer when you unequip it, the backpack textures look completely fine. It isn’t a hardware issue on my end nor is it a graphical fidelity issue, I’ve noticed this with about nearly every other hat I’ve worn. Is there a legitimate reason as to why this is even a thing with the R6 rig aside from “optimization purposes”? If that is the case then why not have that be applied to R15 as well? I’d like texture compressions to be non-existent for the R6 rig and for it to receive the support it needs rather than just forgetting about it altogether. Many people still use the R6 rig, whether it be for choice, or the fact that there are games that utilize the rig itself. It’s annoying having to just remove the item you want to wear all because it suddenly becomes horrid looking when switching to another rig type.

I’ve seen people offer the solution of managing texture density better under a 512 resolution, but that gets kind of thrown out the window when R15 clearly doesn’t have to suffer the same scrutiny of textures being butchered for whatever reason. I understand that at points it’s probably better to find a workaround regarding something like this, but if there’s a clear showcase of another rig type not suffering that issue, then why not provide the same level of support for the other one as well?