R6 to R15 Adapter [Beta]: Enable R15 Tech in R6 Experiences

Would it be possible to release a version of these adjustments; my issue with the R6 pack is that when the Player jumps the limbs fling behind.

Has this been released as an asset yet?
This’ll be perfect for what I’m looking for.

I haven’t considered it, but that could be a good idea.

I’ll see if, at some point, I could construct a script that sets up characters to be the exact edits I have made in the videos.

Please note that Layered Clothing doesn’t exactly work as well as with this type of setup so I’d consider disabling it.

(Reason this happens is likely due to layered clothing becoming the replacement body part)

1 Like

Sadly no UGC yet so I haven’t been able to open source it, the plan was to get UGC sell the package and then open source it for everyone to use for free.

1 Like

Would love to enable this in my R6 experience for mesh part heads & accessories, but unfortunately scaling is pretty awful and my character is short. I expect a consistent height of ~5 studs so it won’t break compatibility, and I also have issues with body limbs not consistently existing after the character loads.

Can we expect improvements here?

6 Likes

I just discovered the feature today and it’s really amazing despise I look cursed because my head is very small compared to my body.
Would be cool to fix this problem!

Also when my avatar is in R6, it would be nice if the feature doesn’t convert my R6 to R15 then R6

Seems like R15 animations are completely broken with the adapter, which wasn’t the case previously when it wasn’t a property in workspace but just a button in avatar tab (iirc).

I admit that it was quite long time ago, but I sure do wonder if it’s just a recent bug or the adapter wasn’t supposed to work with R15 animations in the first place.

Hope the roblox staff would shed some light onto it

What is a happening is a splendid thing, But, Never force it on games automatically whatever happens, it can cause problems that use custom things as you all have written up there, Also, Limitations, Like the use of R15 animations must also exist.

This is awful, not only does it look weird, it doesn’t even remotely look like R6. This update feels like a joke. This needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

This statistic is blatantly misrepresenting the public opinion on R15. I and many others notice outfits changing from R6 to R15 without our consent. ROBLOX either randomly rolls out updates to force outfit changes, or the avatar editor is incredibly buggy randomly switching our avatar to R15, equipping dynamic heads, etc… All due to bugs.

The avatar editor is also an awful experience making it a chore every time I use it. Not that it matters if I do or not because most popular games force R6 or R15 further preventing most people from caring enough to switch their outfits back, me included.

I like R15 but I also really like R6, this statistic is just misrepresenting the truth. There are also an abundance of alt accounts that are created with and left with default avatar settings, which is R15. Alt accounts do not care what avatar type they are on so they will stay on R15.

I’m sure most people like R15 as well, but this claim that 98% of the community using R15 seems to imply that they like it more than R6, which isn’t a reasonable claim at all. Just faithfully recreate R6 if you must. We don’t want attempts to justify switching to R15 with misinformation. We want a faithful R6 if this really must be done. R6 has become an increasingly more popular style for the largest games, it wouldn’t make sense to ruin them.

3 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir.

I know. Your comment was just higher up and also quoting the statistic I wanted to talk about. More opinions with more information is better than fewer.

1 Like

The universal avatar editor works really well with R6 in my experience, I’d recommend giving it a try as the performance has gotten a lot better in my opinion

y’all just removed the entire point of choosing between r6 and r15, not only this made r6 look awful but now r6 is just a version of r15 with less joints litterally no reason to make this change whatso ever.

in blocky avatars the waist looks weird, and female/avatars with smaller torsos now look fat and yet we didnt even have a way to force blocky avatars in r6 games except trough unnecessary scripts before this was even added.

at least add an option to disable this monstrosity in your own game.

5 Likes

I LIke this update but motor6ds are really weird and buggy and some things don’t work well with it most of the time it works good at least make the adapter as an option

why take the roblox out of roblox, Roblox?

the majority of this “98%” R15 is alts and bots and old accounts that nobody uses anymore. try getting the percentage of all ACTIVE accounts and confirming that they aren’t bot accounts.
im sure it would be a lot more like 20, 30, 40%.

r6 is honestly what makes roblox feel like roblox.
dont just be like any other game. Please?

+R6 has better animations
+you can update r6 but you dont want to
+again, if “98%” use r15, what percent of developers use R15? literally put out a Website-Wide poll if you should deprecate R6. i wonder what the results would be.

listen to your community on this one guys.

5 Likes

Sorry if this reply is short or does not have enough details; I’m new to the dev forum, I was wondering why the lowertorso size is 1.8, 0.4, 0.9 and not 2, 0.4, 1 I tried looking inside the scripts, but all I can find is LowerTorso = Vector3.new(2, 0.4, 1), inside ReplicatedStorage > AvatarUnification > UnificationScale line 137, which seems correct.

1 Like

I also noticed that the legs are a little off However, I do not know how to fix this issue.

1 Like

Keep going, developers. Don’t let the multibillion dollar company silence our complaints. This is a good update in concept; we just need to make sure Roblox is told how to execute it properly.

1 Like