R6 to R15 Adapter [Beta]: Enable R15 Tech in R6 Experiences

Weird, it seems that whenever I look at the place’s page, there is no option to copy it. Any idea why that is happening?

1 Like

One thing about the R6 converter that really annoys me is that it seems that the player’s head has collision, which is not supposed to happen on normal R6 games. Will there ever be an option to turn this off? I’ve looked into the unification scripts themselves, and it seems that the head having collision is a deliberate choice by ROBLOX themselves.

It is because the head does not have collision? give me a answer or a video or a photo to see what happened.

1 Like

The script CharacterEmulationExtraNecks (added by turning on AvatarUnification) inside the character forces the R15 head to have collision, which does not happen normally with R6 or R15.

1 Like

This was actually needed because the Normal R6 has Head collision true
sense Roblox they selfs changed to a MeshPart stead of a Normal Part and now the MeshPart is Cancollide false
You can disable it by removing the stuff that you highlighted and the core of the code that i did. or else keep it.

the only issue “fixed” since i posted this was the visible seams in the arms and legs,nothing else,for example dying still freezes physics for all parts except the torso,most animations STILL don’t work and proportions are still f----d

Last time I made a post, I said “this is cool and i will miss r6”. Everything I said in that was a total lie. Well, other than missing R6. I will actually deeply miss R6, but I DO NOT FIND THIS COOL WHATSOEVER!

Let me just begin my rant.

I’m at the brink of jumping out of a window. To begin with, you forced almost every old account before 2017 to use r15, EVEN IF THEY WERE NOT IN USE! Second, you very clearly made that up. There’s no way some employee actually spent time out of their day to scan how many players use r15. Pretty sure you just rolled a number from 1 to 100 and went “yep this looks realistic” LIKE COME ON! THIS IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ACCURATE!

Next, WHY AM I SO SHORT?

Next.

Two things. One, you called my precious r6 generic? Oh, how could Roblox do this to their very own thing which jumpstarted their company! Second, WHO CARES ABOUT LAYERED CLOTHING? It is literally just used for trolling, nobody uses it for its actual uses at all!

Next…

Read the replies.

And finally, because I’ve already lost like 98% of my braincells (see what i did there?).

The thing that makes R6 so appealing is the limitations. Like the name suggests, it only has 6 limbs. You can actually do a lot with 6 limbs! And also, people use r6 just because of what it is! People dont just use R6 because they want to or something like that. For example, me. I never used R15, mainly because I was too used to the classic R6 style. So for you to snatch something so used to and give us this bootleg version of it is an insult.

Actually, one more thing.

no you dont look at your previous posts

Okay, I’m done speaking here.

p.s. unifytester101 (the one shown in the demonstration) is nightmare fuel

INFACT, HE EVEN PLAYED AN R6 GAME! (slap battles if you cant tell)

6 Likes

okay, THAT is smart. thanks Roblox.

1 Like

What happened to this feature? I don’t see it in the list of beta features anymore and the property to enable it is gone.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be back now.

4 Likes

Last time i checked they haven’t fixed the short bug.

1 Like

To say that nobody unironically uses layered clothing would be a massive overstatement.
Layered clothing is possibly one of the best avatar related updates we’ve had in a while

As the thread title says, the adapter is in beta and everything you see is subject to change. If this update isn’t done properly it will massively backfire and the devs at roblox know it damn well. That’s why they’re currently looking through all feedback possible to make the adapter as seamless as possible. You probably won’t even notice the difference between R6 and the final product.

1 Like

I think this adapter is very unnecessary and unneeded, even in the offshoot chance that “98%” of ROBLOX users use r15, that doesn’t take into account the many many experiences that use R6, even then. People use R6 not just for the “Blocky” feel to it, but because of its aesthetics too. I personally don’t like R15 due to how bulky it is. It messes with some clothing, more pieces to animate… The list goes on. I just don’t like how it looks. I really don’t see a difference of unifying both avatar systems, it’s just more work for no reason, and more upsetting to the people that do use R6. On the other hand, From being a developer for around 5 years on this platform, I can say that I haven’t had that many bugs/issues with R6 compared to R15, R15 takes more time to rig and animate, the list goes on. Then again, these are just personal gripes but, I feel like some people here can agree with me on some level. I care about R6 being removed not just because I love the “blocky” feel, it’s because I love the overall aesthetic R6 has, its slim, no joints and simple. Nnd I feel like it fits ROBLOX overall. People USE R6 for that purpose, making R15 “Look” like R6 defeats the whole purpose of it. Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Will animations be fixed?? Should I submit a bug report? I bet it was working a week ago when I first tested Avatar Unification but now animations that also animate a tool/different named character part, suddenly broke.
Note: It’s broken even without m4a1 part or any tool equipped, like when animation is being played on its own by a normal script.
Also tools lag too much when you equip them, my guess of the cause is new R6 (avatar unification) still has the same LocalTransparencyModifier system with the old R6.
R6 is constantly updating LocalTransparencyModifier so if we have parts that we want them to be visible (in my case, m4a1 because it’s not in Tool) we have to constantly update the part’s LocalTransparencyModifier which causes massive lag especially if there are a lot of parts. I believe this should also be fixed in standart R6!
However for example R15 doesnt have this problem, R15 only updates LocalTransparencyModifier when camera zoom has changed.

2 Likes

oh man.

isnt R6 like, hardcoded into roblox atp?

1 Like

I’m honestly not sure what they mean by this. Is this saying that we won’t be able to use R6 as it exists now on our avatars or in our games?

That’s all I want to do. I’m not interested in R15 in any way shape or form, even if the joints are stuck together. It’d break everything I’ve ever made on ROBLOX.

2 Likes

This whole thing is purely so R15 avatars can join R6 only experiences and keep their avatar appearance and features, which is more important now that UGC Avatars exist.

2 Likes

I hope they still allow us to ban R15 avatars from our games, as it’d break mine.

All my morphs are setup for the blocky avatar.

1 Like

Have a top experience I’d love to enable this in (❓ LUCKY BLOCKS Battlegrounds - Roblox).

But the lack of updates and transparency regarding this feature is making me think twice about turning it on.

Specifically, as addressed above, there is a bug that makes characters super short that still hasn’t been fixed (seems to have been broken for months).

Happy to adopt R15 support, however, I’m going to need Roblox to make it as seamless as possible. Given the current bugs, I’ll be holding off on enabling the AvatarUnificationMode property.

4 Likes

Wow, the body part scaling still isn’t fixed? No wonder I haven’t seen a single game adopt this yet.

It is also worth mentioning some characters (eg. Sporeling) have comically sized heads.

This needs some serious tweaking.

3 Likes