R6 VR version 1 is now open sourced

Go into game settings and change the avatar type to R6

It was already like that before.

Unfortunately because of ROBLOX’s systems, you have to reupload the non-loader version to your account, then change the ID in the loader to your asset’s ID. I have no idea why it is like this.

1 Like

Major overhaul in the works currently. Expect to see full sitting support, more optimizations. Settings, New locomotion types, and much more.
Just remember to be patient

3 Likes

Ok I found the issue, I forgot to own the module. That’s why it couldn’t work. Thanks!

New version prototype

2 Likes

That look’s sick! The animations and everything

As someone who’s also made their own R6 VR implementation, I guess I can answer this. It’s simply a matter of preference, IMO. I prefer how R6 looks over R15, there’s still quite a lot of games that use it due to it being (subjectively) simpler to program for and use, and the way a R15 character looks and handles in VR feel weird to me. The arms don’t ever match up, amongst other things. On the other side of the coin, it’s quite a common sight to see R6 characters have their arms detach from their bodies, making it feel a bit more natural to use and see to me and some other people.

1 Like

There is an issue. It seems i cant move.

Try using the version 2 prototype

What do those do? I can’t figure it out

All you need to do to get it to work is add the VR Loader into Workspace or ServerScriptService

ok, but what happens when you do that?

When you play the game the loader will call a main module, that main module will check to see if the client has a HMD plugged in. If the client has an HMD plugged in then the module will load it’s VR script into the player, allowing them to play in VR.

Awesome! I wanted to make a vr game and was looking for something like this!

1 Like

Can you show me where is the proto 2?

Also is it compatible to quest 1 and 2 just incase?

It works fine for me in my Quest 2 so it should be for you.

Iv encountered a problem where if I run the v2, my body parts teleports inside the torso while the camera remains in place which I can see myself in a square body while I’m floating. I reverted back to v1 and it worked fine for me. Not sure what happened.

This framework is compatible with just about all oculus headsets since it was built around them.