R6 VR version 2 Finished

Not at the moment no, but you can manually code it in since it’s open sourced.

Oh, alright. I did mess around with the script around and found a part of it that took my interest. It was the section where you press the B button and the sound plays. I thought about making a script with a gear using your same technic so I did it and it worked! Only for it to be local so I’ve been trying to make a gear for the server to see and I couldn’t get it to work. Could you help me out on that? Unless if the VR script can work with the OnActivated()?

whats with holding items in vr? my arm dangles around from my torso then disappears

There is one draw back that I am current working on, when your arm gets welded to a object then it’s network ownership gets reset to nil. The VR Module lives off of network ownership for easy replication.

Check out this game to see how I combatted the problem momentarily.

1 Like

when’s the full release? [when is full release]

It has already been released, over time the module will get patches and new stuff. Check the top of the post and you will see the VR Loader.

when will it be editable with. the scripts?

Everything is already open sourced. Ever since the first release it has been opensource for any one to use.

This is a really nice resource, I just wish it worked.

There are a lot of issues that I noticed that I don’t know if you can fix or if it just doesn’t support the Quest 2, but basically:

• Touching other players causes the Right Arm to get deleted.

• Equipping any tool makes the arm get deleted.

• Attempting to use the built in pop for resetting, leaving or recentering the camera doesn’t work at all in most cases. You have to rapid spam A or point in an awkward direction for it to register.

What I recommend is making a UI like TheNexusAvenger did and simply make it follow the players camera on screen, that way billboard UI doesn’t need to be used, because it just doesn’t work with the way this is setup.

I hope most of these issues can be fixed soon. R6 VR is still VR, and it’s fun when you can be in it.

1 Like

I can confirm this also happens with the Rift S.
I’d also like to add, closing the pause menu causes the whole tab to disappear, and will not reappear without rejoining

1 Like

that chat button as well as reset and leave game in menu don’t work am i doing something wrong?

Hey, sorry for the really long wait. I have been going on a VR hiatus recently and have been working on a private project for the last 4 days now. Just needed some time away from VR since that was all I was doing for a loong time. I will be returning to update the module, soon.

1 Like

Hey man! When do you plan on coming back? I’m a huge fan of your work and all the resources you put out help me and others tremendously. I’m waiting in excitement for the next update :>

3 Likes