Ragdoll carrying system bug

Could someone help me out with this, basically I’ve made a somewhat of a successful ragdoll carrying system, although every time you’d jump it would completely deny the physics and bug out, it also happens occasionally whilst just walking around. I’ve tried everything, making limbs massless, setting all physical properties to 0, changing network ownership, I don’t know what to do.

2 Likes

Put the ragdolls humanoid.PlatformStand to true, I had this bug a few days ago this fixed it.

I have already tried that, it’s literally the first thing i did.

I suggest to check what other scripters do, such as YouTubers.

Else a solution can be to duplicate their character, then you have to change the person who is getting carried’s camera, etc.

Yeah i’ve tried to search something up about ragdolling, although nothing similar popped up.

This is caused by the player’s being welded together, instead making a “custom weld”; basically just repeatedly moving the player with the offset to said position should work.

I think that would seriously impact performance, not sure if you mean this on client side or server.

Both is probably best for players who joined etc and to check if hitboxes matchup.
Though this might be buggy (as in he will teleport back and forth, should be tested in a regular game with ping) so use RunService (basically this lets you do something every frame).

I think the main problem is the player colliding with their torso, because most of the limbs have collision off.

Then I suggest to either find a way to make them non-collideable if that is even possible (as changing the collision of legs doesnt work so this might not work).

Streaming enabled completely disallows me to disable collision on the torso.

How are you welding the ragdoll to the player? Are you using WeldConstraints, Attachments?

I’m using a basic weld. Part0 is the players torso, and part1 is the other players humanoidrootpart.

Then do it server-wide, instead of client-sided.

I’ve offset the humanoidrootpart in hopes of fixing this, but it ends up colliding with the torso.

I would experiment with AlignPositions, and AlignOrientations and offset it to the character’s shoulder. I looked around at some other posts, and this is what they used.

A post I looked at

Edit: If you do go this route, give NetworkOwnership to the character not ragdolled I believe.

Is that essentially just setting the ragdolled characters position to a certain position, or what?

How I would go about this is every time a ragdolled player is picked up, create a new AlignPosition and a new AlignOrientation and then parent these to the HumanoidRootPart of the ragdolled player.

After this, make sure the RigidityEnabled property of the AlignPosition is enabled, and start playing around with the properties until you get something you desire.

I thought I saw a while back that you can change a character’s Properties but you have to do it every RenderStep. I could be waaay off base about this though.
If anything a player carries isn’t Massless (like another torso or HRP) then it throws player physics off.

Yea i set all of the ragdolled players baseparts to massless, there isn’t any way it’s that, i mostly think it’s the torso CanCollide on