Ragdoll having uncontrollable spasms?

I’m having trouble making a proper ragdoll for my rig. Every time the ragdoll is initiated, the limbs of the rig have never-ending spasms.

Here’s an example of what is happening:

This is my first time working with ragdolls, although I’m not using a public ragdoll script. I was wondering what would be the best way to stop the spasms?

This is what I’m doing client-side (once the player dies) to enabled the ragdoll physics (the constraints are all handled on the server):

player.Character.Humanoid:ChangeState(Enum.HumanoidStateType.Dead)

I’m assuming that this is causing the limbs to interfere with each other due to physics, which might be causing the spasms. Would collision groups solve this issues? And if so, how might I go about do that? I tried placing all of the limbs in one collision group, but that didn’t seem to do anything.

1 Like

I dont know, maybe its something to do with the floor, maybe the ragdoll is glitching with the floor.

Try setting cancollide of the rootpart to false?

1 Like

I tried that, but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Try seeing what happens if you ragdoll in the air, and see if it still glitches.

I could be wrong, but my hunch is that it’s actually networking rather than physics.

You have the client owning and simulating those parts, but server owned constraints on them.

Try making the constraints client sided and see if that clears it up.

2 Likes

You’re using ballsockets. Use hinges instead :wink:

At least, that’s what solved my spasm-issue when I was making my own ragdoll system

I moved the ragdoll function over to the client, but the spasms still occur. Is there a way to make it so that the limbs of a rig don’t collide with each other but still have physics?

Just tried that. Spasms still happen (was done on the client as well)

Yup, there’s a no collision constraint.

1 Like

Thanks for the help everyone. The NoCollisionConstraint helped a little bit, but using a CollisionGroup, setting the CollisionGroup not to collide with itself, and placing all limbs in that collision group seems to have fixed the issue entirely.

1 Like