Raise the Monthly Quota for Automatic Localization

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to maintain and update newly automatically translated entries in the cloud Localization table. Every 2 weeks when I update my game, I put the changelog of new features in the game’s description. I have all of the languages that support automatic translations, and I have “Auto Translation: Experience Information” turned on in the Localization menu on the Create page. This causes my monthly quota of 550K of data to be used up very quickly, and it usually only has enough for the translation of the description for one update a month.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to translate the description of my game to all available languages and not have to wait until the next month if I need to add new entries for new text that has appeared in the game after an update.

3 Likes

I’ve spent three months waiting for translation on my game.

Some suggestions:
Put an estimate of quota usage for each language given the number of characters in the strings of my game.

• Doesn’t need to be exact but it will help, because in the beginning I just selected all languages, not realising I would only be able to achieve translation of about 20% of my strings in total.
  • After the first monthly quota being met, I realised I should probably only select a few languages so I could get 100% on the prioritised languages with next month’s quota but my guess still was off and I only achieved 95% translation. Now I need to wait another month.

It would be great if when we reach the monthly quote that we could have an option to spend Robux to complete the translation faster.

2 Likes