Raise the triangle limits for UGC avatar bodies for arms, legs and torso

Hello I’m Ryxlu and I would like to talk about current restrictions for the UGC bundle catalog.
For many years, UGC accessories are still allowed to have high poly accessories until 4 000 triangles, and the new Marketplace UGC place for characters only allows a few triangles for arms, legs and torso.
What’s the point of making an arm with 4 times fewer triangles than a shoulder accessory?
Roblox Studio forces us to make arms with less than 1249 triangles while you can equip a very high poly small accessory on the shoulder.
It doesn’t make any sense at all.
We really need to increase the amount of triangles allowed, if not I’ll be forced to make low poly bundles.
Also 4000 triangles for a head is a lot!!

I think in most of video games, characters have more triangles in their arms, legs and torso than in their accessories, it makes sense because arms are not small compared to accessories. A hand with 5 fingers requires a lot of triangles. So having 1248 triangles for an entire arm is ridiculous.
Also having more triangles helps arms, legs and torso to have a better deformation with weight paint.

6 Likes

The more triangles they enable means the more laggier items on the UGC, so don’t increase stuff. If you keep having higher and higher tri stuff, then lower end devices will struggle. Having high tri counts for a game is fine, because it’s your choice but making things higher poly for a UGC item doesn’t make sense because everyone has to render it regardless of the game.

I don’t know if you read entirely my post but your reply doesn’t make sense at all when you know we can equip 10 accessories on us.
And each accessory can have max 4k triangles.
So increasing the max tris for limbs is not asking too much.

2 Likes

Seems you didn’t read my reply.

I don’t understand why you keep replying on my devforum post, you’re not UGC Creator so you dare to talk about rendering accessories. It’s not even the subject.
All roblox games are fine with loading models with a lot of tris.
It depends the amount of players in a server.
Recently the roblox outfits who caused spikes of lag are by having a lot of layer clothings with too much deformation like the huge outfits.

6 Likes

You don’t need to be a UGC dev to speak on triangle counts.

4 Likes