Raising speed required to run

Simple question,

How does one raise the speed needed for the running animation to trigger, since at walk speed 16 I want walking to play, but at walk speed 20 I want running to play.

Any ideas / solutions.

Going to sleep now so cant respond for 8hrs.

1 Like

You can use if game.Players.LocalPlayer.Humanoid.Walkspeed >= 20 then for sprinting and if game.Players.LocalPlayer.Humanoid.Walkspeed <= 19 then for walking

3 Likes

Within the Animation LocalScript is the following code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- STATE CHANGE HANDLERS

function onRunning(speed)	
	if speed > 0.75 then
		local scale = 16.0
		playAnimation("walk", 0.2, Humanoid)
		setAnimationSpeed(speed / scale)
		pose = "Running"
	else
		if emoteNames[currentAnim] == nil and not currentlyPlayingEmote then
			playAnimation("idle", 0.2, Humanoid)
			pose = "Standing"
		end
	end
end

It looks like you should be able to achieve what you want by setting scale to 20.0. If that doesn’t work, try CTRL+F through the script for the parts where it plays the walk/run animations so see if there is something you can modify. Note: try to find "run" on its own as I believe there is a spot where playAnimation is called with it indirectly being given as an argument.

3 Likes

sadly, the “scale” no longer exists

I’ve noticed the same thing, do you know how to change the running threshold now? I’ve tried looking at where it changes now in the Animate script but It’s practically undecipherable for me and there’s no documentation on it.

Nope, i’ve given up trying to fix it by now and just moved on from it

1 Like