Ralfas Parts / All the parts you need!

Ralfa's Parts

This resource is a mega pack of mesh parts that vary

Advanced model link: RalfasAdvancedParts

Basic model link: RalfasParts

What’s good about this resource:

Main points:
/. Contains a duplicate version of each part that has been auto smoothed in blender.

/. Massive variety/scale of parts.

Extra points:
/. All sizes are in whole numbers or rounded to 2 d.p.
(no parts having a size of like “1.2324, 2.5467, 1.2324” when importing from blender.)

/. All parts named “MeshPart”.
(no names like “Meshes/Parts_Torus.241 (2)” seen when importing from blender.)

/. All parts anchored.

/. Labeled areas of different parts.

Notes:
/. Have i overdone it? Yes. But now you are not restricted to a single unique part that might just be too low poly or too high!

/. Maybe ill add more parts in the future, it really depends how popular it gets and if there’s a lot of requests.

/. Here are some images of what there is:

Sample 1

Non smooth parts:

Smooth parts:

Sample 2

Non smooth parts:

Smooth parts:

Sample 3

Non smooth parts:

Smooth parts:

Sample 4

Unique parts:

Actually model

What it looks like in game:

Basic Version:

Advanced Version:

Also everything in these samples has its ‘half’, ‘quarter’ and ‘full’ versions.

Update 1

/. Organized parts better.
/. Added a basic version.
/. Better thumbnail.

14 Likes

Could you provide some Images, and maybe more details about each shape included?

jesus christ. I’ve learned this resource from one of my friends and it took me 1-3 minutes to load all this

how much time did you even spent importing all that to roblox?

2 Likes

Sure ill do that in some time, but theres a lot of different shapes so ill take ss of groups that have a common pattern.

Took me way tooo long lol, i did think this could be a problem, should i have made mini packs?

Very likely so. There’s so much stuff to load at once so you might wanna wait a minute to find out a desired part to use.

and i sure hope i and others find a use case of this. this is so many minutes (and probably hours) spent on importing all this.

In the future, when i have time, i think ill make a standard version which would probably have around half as much parts as the current one, and ill rename this one to something else. On top of that i could make the smooth parts and non smooth separate models as well which would yet again half the parts.

Ive made some screen shots, is this enough detail to what you would expect or should i add more?

1 Like

It’s very very useful to have each object labeled according to its shape. For example, if you wanted to search for all the specific shapes in a model to say change the color collission fidelity, mass, material or other things. But It’s also a amazing library of primitives you have assembled! I think object libraries are very good too. Something like the Synty Dungeon set of modular assets, I used to create a algorithm that procedurally generated dungeon and houses and just recently this procedurally generated Candyland with a library of meshes i assembled from scraping the toolbox.
Infinite Procedurally Generated Candyland [Open-Sourced Code] - Resources / Community Resources - Developer Forum | Roblox

3 Likes

Ill be sure to name all of the shapes when it updates next time, might take some time if i want to name each part with a unique name such as “HalfTorus2” “QuarterTorus8” but i will 100% name them by the shape groups.

I would reccomend a function like

function namedirectory(directory,nameconvention)--namedirectory(workspace.Triangles,"TrianglePart")
for i,v in directory:GetChildren() do 
v.Name=nameconvention..i
end
end
1 Like

It’s way better now!

You could also provide some screenshots of the pieces actively in a build, to give examples and inspiration.

1 Like

Yeah i do plan to update it but im just too busy right now, i might be able to update it this weekend

I have final added some improvements and another model that simplifies it for basic usage that wont cause lag while downloading!

1 Like