Ram Usage Problem

Hello, I was making a game, checked the performance when i run the game in studio and the ram usage was at 2.7 Gb!
So I deleted Everything to check what caused the problem and the ram usage wouldn’t go down. And so I saved a new file with completely nothing in the game in case I just needed to restart the studio file or smth but the ram usage was at 1.6Gb without having anything and I never got the recommended 200Mb target.
Is this normal? Thanks for your time!

1 Like

Do you have any Plugins active?
If you’ve started with a new blank baseplate it shouldn’t have tons of Gb ram usage.

Have you also checked your computer? I had issues a few months ago since my hard drive was packing it in (8 years old) and I had huge memory usage when nothing was going on.

Hello yes i do have some plugins but havent used em in the game. I tried a new blank baseplate and it still gets 1.6 gb ram usage.

If it’s a Windows computer you can press Ctrl, Alt & Delete at the same time and pick your Task Manager from the options to see what your CPU and Disk are using. Make sure that Studio is the only thing running.
I’m not sure if plugins can run in the background, but maybe try disabling all the ones you have to see if that makes a difference.
If your CPU and Disk are getting close to 100% you may have computer issues like I did.

Right now I opened a new Studio baseplate with only that and devforum running. I have about 7-10% CPU and 50% Memory going. Also bear in mind that it’s an 8 year old very basic home computer running Windows 10 with a new SSD hard drive.

1 Like

Studio using 1-2 GB of ram is normal, I’ve reached 5 GB before

1 Like

Test the game in roblox and not studio. studio takes 1.5 gb in an empty baseplate

2 Likes

Oh you’re talking about the Roblox client? If the client is using 1 GB and youre on a baseplate that is abnormal for sure (should be around 400 MB)

2 Likes

Oh im just pressing run in studio and then open performance stats so you think that its not normal?

Thanks for the reply! Ill check the game instead of studio next time.

In studio my game was showing 1.7 gb of ram usage, when I checked from the website player it was 400 mb. Did u try it?

1 Like

Sorry for replying late yess i just tried playing the game from the website and it gets around 450 MB ram usage! thank you!

1 Like