Random Lag after recent ROBLOX client update

For some unknown reason, a lot of people(including myself) have had major framerate drops in client and studio. I use to play games on full graphics with at least 45 frames no matter what. Now I can sometimes barely get 25 out.

No computer updates were administered, no anything. Other games/platforms haven’t had this bug. The only place that this bug has existed is ROBLOX.

Anyone else?

7 Likes

Does it occur when looking at certain parts of the game?

For example when I look out at these meshparts rocks in CF in my game from this distance, it drops my FPS down to 30 from 60.

Yeah. When there’s a lot of parts theres lag. Which totally makes sense I completely understand. The only issue with that is games which previously had 0 lag have lag that makes them almost unplayable.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I used to not get any FPS drops in this stadium before an update was made.

Please follow the mandatory format for bug reports, you’re missing a lot of the steps here, which makes your bug report difficult to approach for engineers:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/please-read-before-posting-steps-to-report-a-bug/24388

What place(s) does it occur in? Can you give more information on your device? Does the microprofiler tell you anything about what is the bottleneck? Can you attach a microprofiler dump?

Sure, let me re write somethings for ya!

1. There’s random lag in essentially every game now. Not sure what happened but after a client patch the frames dropped on my computer by a significant number. The same holds true for many many other people that I’ve questioned.

2. Random frame rate drops on essentially every game with more than a few parts.

3. Yes. 100% of the time. The less parts in the game the better but even without any parts sometimes I can’t even reach 60fps.

4. Join essentially any game to reproduce it.

5. Mac, PC, Mobile(I haven’t tested any other system)

6. Neither

7. I could give you the performance stats. Image below. It seems like a CPU and GPU overload is causing it.

8. Image below. (At least for 1 computer)

9. No profile found

10. Roughly a week or so ago. Maybe less. Most likely 5-6 days ago.

11. Nope!
    16%20PM

Specs for current computer, 10 graphics quality screenshot, 1 graphic quality screenshot

Please attach the link to the game at which you took the screenshots.

1 Like

I am getting this issue in Studio as well. On macOS 10.13.3. Last night Studio was running at 60fps and now its hanging around 50-55 fps. Annoyingly hard to use script editor and panning around is really choppy. Doesn’t matter if I am using Team Create or edit mode or just an empty baseplate.

1 Like

Hi, another Mac user here having the same issues with pretty bad lag in places that otherwise have been fine in the past. No specific place that I have the drop in, both games heavy in script usage, and those with minimal.

Mac%20Overview

I personally upscale my display to the highest possible, despite this though, I have attempted playing roblox with the upscaling off, and am having the same frame-rate issue. I have my MacBook plugged in, at 100% battery.

It might not be my place to make suggestions on what the issue is, but I have a feeling that it has to do with:
A. The MacOS operating system
and/or
B. Integrated Graphics

In order to replicate the problem and get the microprofiler dump (1.6 MB) I performed the test in a game that I built, with no scripts, though team create was enabled.

I simply spun the camera 360 and lagged badly. Graphics set to 1 with no one else in the game.

I’ve had this lag issue for awhile now, though I couldn’t tell you the exact date I noticed the lag. Sorry.