Random people (most likely bots) joining my game

I have also experienced them in my games and there is no way that it has anything to do with HTTP Requests being enabled or disabled!

We can definitely confirm that these are bots because they are willing to join 50/50 when a new game was made and you will always see the game having atleast 1 visit even though nobody played it except the bot.

I thought that they were some sort of “Roblox Moderation Undercover-Bot-Accounts” and it might be just that.

They usually stay in the game for around 1-2 minutes, move also sometimes, and they used to chat indeed in-game (maybe they still do, but I have never seen one chatting in a game that uses LegacyChatService as a ChatVersion), but it’s still strange and creepy to see them just playing your game out of nowhere and then leaving.

TL;DR:

• These are definitely bots, no doubts

• They may only chat in the new ChatVersion: TextChatService and not LegacyChatService

• Some may move as well but it’s very unlikely as they mostlikely just stay around

Pretty interesting topic though.

Same thing happened to me. It’s quite bizarre, isn’t it? I tried to figure out what these accounts are up to
test1
i asked “who are you” and the person replied “biggie” but he was moving around in circles
when typing this. he did not stop while typing this still moving around in circles. When regular users type, they move in the direction they last pressed until they exit the chat. but this guy did NOT. he was still moving in circles so its a bot
creepy

Roblox’s bots or not here’re some ways to detect the most common ones:

1. Friend count - Most bots have 0 friends
  2. Followers count - Most bots have 0 followers
  3. Description - Most bots have no profile description
  4. Pattern-like movement - Most bots move in unnatural ways that don’t resemble real player movement
  5. Pattern-like input - Most bots have unnatural mouse movement and key input, if any at all.
  6. Avatar clothing - Most bots only use free avatar clothing
  7. Default avatars - Most bots use default avatars, such as bacon hairs, noobs, etc, and some times tend to wear a t-shirt and a free hat.

Myths:

1. Account age - Bot creators are aware of this method and they tend to use old accounts(basically create now use later). Although it can be useful if you’re trying to restrict banned players(mostly exploiters) from making alt accounts. In general I consider it a bad method that only causes trouble to new innocent players.

You should not depend on a single attribute or mixture of attributes from above to classify players as bots or not bots, instead you should calculate a “bot score” and use the checks mentioned above as clues. If the score passes a threshold, just kick the player with a “Suspected Bot” message, but without banning them(so you only restrict automated behaviour).

By focusing on automated behaviour only and not playing cat-and-mouse with the bots you will also be able to figure out if the bots are directly targeting your game or any game, by simply checking how often they adapt to the new detection mechanisms you put in place.

Nothing wrong with bots to be honest. They aren’t breaking the game. Just let them be. They seem to only join new games. You can first publish the game privately, then after a week, make it public. Bots should no longer to anything.

Roblox has 11 player limit to detect and shutdown games with inappropriate content inside them maybe those bots are joining just to trigger that limit??