Random people (most likely bots) joining my game

I’m currently working on a game, and as me and my friends test it, we keep having these random accounts join the game while we play it. They usually type something in the chat, but it gets tagged, and then leave a short while later. Originally I thought they might have been real people because I saw one moving around in circles, but I’ve noticed they all do the same thing now. Does anyone know what these bots are trying to do?

The profile of that account:

6 Likes

What were they saying? I recommend having the chats forwarded to server console in case one joins again.

If you want to keep them out, I would recommend SSecurity, but I’m not sure if it’s working at the moment.

1 Like

I just noticed this (messages about the same game) but I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it

2 Likes

I’m gonna say backdoor/virus, maybe? I think i have seen something like this before.

If HTTP requests are on, then @Scou1ysForcesGuy is correct. Thd people likely recieved a notification from a discord webhook that a game has been backdoored. Check all your plugins straight away!

1 Like

There’s a really simple script you can implement to ensure that this behaviour is reduced!

You can add a script that checks the account age of a player and if it’s not over x days then you can kick them from the game.

2 Likes

Check if moon animator is made by a group. It’s the only plugin with script injection. Then find and delete backdoors.

Helpful plugins:

• GameGuard
  • Defcodert
  • RoDefender

Get them from the DevForum.

If you don’t want plugins then search for things like getfenv, setfenv, require, “require”, eriuqer, “eriuqer”, string.reverse.

1 Like

Moon animator is made by this user six - Roblox

RoDefender doesnt detect anything, and Defcodert just detects my own scripts.

2 Likes

Try Server Defender. Make sure to check the malicious services option too.
My last suggestion is to uninstall all plugins and make a new place, go on it, make a script object then install and use plugins one by one to check if they do anything to it.

Bro i got a bit different problem but similar to this. i keep making games and not advertising them and they randomly get like 50-100 visits.

They’re accessing it through the home page.

1 Like

the same things been happening to my friends game, the only issue is that the accounts joining are above 150 days usually (we have a join and leave tracker webhook that we use to know this), and there seems to be no solid way to get rid of them due to the accounts being above 150 days which is unfortunate

It’s probably just some noobs. They are coming from Home, and apparently noobs just join a game, maybe do 1 tiny task, then leave.

1 Like

would love to believe this but i highly doubt it since the game keeps getting restricted shortly after one of these bots join and unrestricted after a few hours (my friend who owns the game got their roblox messages spammed by roblox saying “Your game has been restricted” and “Your game has been unrestricted” constantly)

yeah, in one of my previous replies i showed the game constantly getting restricted

Sorry for late response, but from hints from everybody’s replies, it’s safe to assume that these players or “bots” are part for roblox measures on moderation, detecting any misconducts, hence the tagged message.

1 Like

If this is still happening, try logging player.Chatted to the server output to see what they said.

Another late reply, but I see you are using Load Character Pro by AlreadyPro.

I just saw this and thought it could be relevant to what is going on:

Backdoor create script found in AlreadyPro’s Load Character Pro Plugin

1 Like

Its definitely not the plugin, in the thread you linked the guys friend was using a fake version.