Random Vehicle Traffic

I have been making a vehicle road as a background. It generates random vehicles and goes down a straight path. Any suggestion for it?

16 Likes

How did you do that, it looks very cool.

2 Likes

I have 4 vehicle spawns. 1 script per spawn. It would do a math.random function with the number 1 though 7. With 7 different cars. It will spawn a different car depending on the number. Such as, if the number is 1, a red car is spawned. If it is 6, a pickup truck is spawned. Then it uses a look vector and velocity to move the car. Once the car gets to the end of the road, it gets near a brick and gets destroyed.

2 Likes

Basically my suggestion can be summed up in one word…Frogger XD

2 Likes

That looks very good, well designed. I would recommend adding semi-trucks and if you going to turn this into a game; make sure they turn and then that’s perfect, but anyways that’s lovely.

2 Likes

If you sent me the source would you mind if I made it where the cars can turn and do a U-turn and etc???

Looks great! What exactly is it a background for?
If you’re using it as a background for a cutscene or loading screen - might I suggest zooming the camera in a bit more onto the road and adding a blue backdrop to mimic a nicer sky view.

2 Likes

Like other people have said above, add more different vehicle models to increase the variety even more. Depending on the context of the road, you should add more maybe. If it is a busy highway you would want more.
If you’re feeling creative, try an intersection. Make cars stop and go.

Overall, I don’t see anything inherently bad about this. Keep up the really good work!!!

1 Like