Randomized Part Placer plugin!

The Randomized Part Placer plugin allows you place parts with a property randomizer that can be customized for your building needs! I’d also love to hear your feedback!

Also this is one of my first plugins I have ever made, so be please be nice :sweat_smile:

WHY THIS PLUGIN?
Normally if you want to build with a bunch of differently sized, shaped, coloured, or even rotated parts, it would normally take time. But with this plugin, you can just choose some settings, and then you are good to go! Placing a bunch of randomized parts will take no time!

HOW TO USE

CREATING RANDOMIZED PARTS:
To start using your plugin, you have to first click on the plugin at the top in the plugins tab.
Once you have done that, you can click anywhere in your workplace to create randomized parts!

SETTINGS:
The settings has many various properties. To change them all you have to simply do is click on a setting that you want to change, and then change it to what ever you wish!

EXAMPLES OF BUILDING WITH THE PLUGIN

PARTS WITH DEFAULT RANDOMIZER (Build time: about 7s)

BLOCKY TERRAIN WITH ROCKS (Build time: about 1½ minutes)

SMOKE TRAIL AND EXPLOSION (Build time: about 45s)

CLASSIC STYLED CAVE ARCH (old version) (Build time: 20s)

OTHER FEATURES

SHAPES
This plugin can support all shapes! and as well as a randomizer option!

PORTABLE WIDGETS
These plugin widgets can support all kinds of sizes!

COLOURS
This plugin allows colours! and as well as a randomizer option!

37 Likes

Someone posted a plugin like this, but your plugin has more features and looks promising. Thank you

3 Likes

Just saying but 1:30 for that blocky terrain isnt really to amazing. This should be finished in about 100 ms with very little optomizations

1 Like

The blocky terrain had to be placed by hand by clicking around with the plugin and adjusting the plugin settings, it wasn’t created automatically by the plugin

1 Like

Yeah, as @LexiDog5 said, it takes somewhat a certain amount of time to place everyone one of those parts, and adjust the settings for the rocks. If you tried building like that without the plugin, it would probably take at least five minutes

1 Like

If I can create millions of blocks in 3 or 4 seconds I dont think that tthat would be too difficult

That’s not what I meant, sorry if I worded it wrong. The blocks are being placed by clicking, not auto placed and positioned by the plugin. You can create millions of parts in 3 seconds with a script but placing millions of parts by hand using this plugin by clicking would take forever.

Wait but it says made with the plugin

Made with the plugin as in placed by clicking in workspace with the plugin, not auto generated by it

Its a “Placer” plugin, meaning that you place the parts. Otherwise it would have been called “Randomized Part Generator” plugin. I suggest you actually read the whole thread, before saying things about my plugin too

2 Likes

Think of it like a model brush, not a perlin terrain gen…

3 Likes

Haven’t used but from this picture I would reccomrnd setting all surfaces of the shape too smooth.

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 08.03.56

3 Likes

FEEDBACK

Randomized Part Placer is an amazing plugin, and I really liked it! You can place your randomized parts, edit them and do creativity things! The plugin is also very fun for players to understand the features and their building skills. The better the parts you place; the better you’re doing great!

DETAILS

The details on the Randomized Part Placer has a really nice touch. You can edit properties, colors, materials, shapes and reflectance on the GUI! It can be very useful for new players and beginners to understand their attempt of the building. It also takes time to finish about how much seconds or minutes you’re going to finish!

However, I found one mistake in the text by the GUI, a typo mistake that says “finsihed”; but don’t worry! You can try fixing it by placing the word “finished”.

I’m really liking the concept of the Randomized Part Placer. It’s really fun, really useful and really amazing! You have done a great progress for your first plugin. :+1:

Keep up the great job! :happy3:

2 Likes

Thanks for the great feedback, really appreciated it :smile:

2 Likes