Ranking Bot Goes Down After 24 Hours

It’s hosted on heroku, and to my knowledge, it does not restart.

1 Like

According to the docs for noblox.js, heroku is not supported and therefore the noblox.js server won’t work either.

Perhaps you could try using bloxy GitHub - affenity/bloxy: Interact with the Roblox website and API

1 Like

Heroku doesnt support File writing (for noblox’s relog), So it would cause it to fail after 24 hours.

1 Like

The only issue with bloxy is, There isnt many functions, Most of the time you would have to make HTTP requests directly to Roblox’s api. Even in the dev version its not exactly working, Most of the libs rn are outdated or they relog. It might be ideal for someone to code one that works fully.

1 Like

Noblox seems to be in the process of discussing the removal of automatic cookie relogging regardless (or making it up to the user), so this may not even be a problem in the future

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue too in the past, the bot would sometimes die randomly in the night and ROBLOX resetted the cookie, so I have to fix it manually.

Use this, the topic is pretty self-explanatory.

1 Like

The issue with this topic is that he is using Heroku (that doesnt support file writing) so that wouldn’t work either, the user would have to buy a VPS Such as digitalocean, etc

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Heroku does restart every 24 hours (even when you pay, there is a difference between a Dyno going to sleep & one restarting). Honestly the real problem here is that he uses Heroku and that is it.

Heroku always causes issues in this line of work from personal experience. I would recommend AWS or DigitalOcean.

4 Likes

All free hosts have catches, so it would be ideal to buy a VPS, (theres many out there) Instead of paying for many hosts for my bots i decided to use a pterodactyl panel, (Which separates 1 normal VPS into multiple slots) Currently Ive got them set at 50-75mb ram for each server (and theres about 60 servers)

image (Offline ones are ones that arnt being used)

If your running multiple bots, this might be the way to go. (It has worked out for me and my other developers)

1 Like

I’ve used glitch for some years and my cookie basically never expired except I made some major changes to my project. Just use uptimerobot to keep the project alive.

2 Likes

Recentlly Glitch has been banning users for hosting them with uptimerobot, So it wouldn’t be be ideal.

image (Only had about 7 projects that where up with uptime robot) and i got all my stuff disabled for it.

1 Like

I will try migrating to digitalocean, thank you for the insight on heroku.

Is the setup self-explanatory or is it something that an intermediate user would have problem setting up?

If so, could you provide a bit of insight since you seem to know what you are doing?

1 Like

Oh. I didn’t notice that. Well yeah then it’s not that ideal.

1 Like

I personally havnt used digitalocean since i moved to my own panel, But i would guess it would be easy,

And to stop relogging i ended up making my own lib for it.

1 Like

Can I get banned for having 1 or 2 bots 24/7?

1 Like

If they find out about it then yes.

1 Like

Time to delete my project :pensive: I’m going to use digitalocean

1 Like

DigitalOcean costs money, and in my opinion, if it isn’t broken don’t fix it. I don’t think glitch will ban you for 1 or 2 24/7 projects, just don’t be excessive.

Although with the panel i am using currently it seems straight forward,

(example)

1 Like

Imma break some rules on glitch then. Better to use glitch instead of discord and some sites for datastore…

1 Like