Rate my build and help me improve!

Ok so I am getting back in to building and just wanted some feed back. It would be really helpful if you tell me stuff I should add and remove to improve my epic building skills.
Thanks!

I dont know why it looks like that in the pic. But look at the game and last thing I am like only 25% done sorry for not adding that to the title.

4 Likes

It’s pretty good, but I have a couple suggestions for you.

• Right off the bat – the text. It is far too bright and not only doesn’t fit in but is hard to read as well. I would suggest using the smooth plastic material or, if you want to keep the neon, reduce the transparency of the bricks to reduce the glow.
  • I’m not entirely sure what material you’re using for this bit but I’m not sure it’s the best choice. I would experiment with a few others instead.
    I would propose using the same material as you do for the rest of the build but colored a lighter color.

I’m not sure if this is a completed build or not, but there are a few things I think should definitely be added at some point:

• Since you have built an interior the space should be used effectively. Currently it looks as if you just have an open space and, depending on what kind of building this is, this space should be filled with different assets (tables, chairs, couches, etc.)
  • Scenery. I see you started with a couple bushes out front, but I would suggest adding more around the build to create more of an environment. This extra detail can be in the form of trees, terrain, more bushes, flowers, etc. Just add things to give the build a location, to place it somewhere, so that it doesn’t just stand alone on a gray baseplate. This will greatly improve the visual appeal.

That’s all I really have for right now. I really like the build though, especially the detail you have added on the roof overhangs. Very nice work!

7 Likes

It looks great, here are a few suggestions:

• I agree with @1Boone. The neon is definitely way too bright. You can hardly even read it. The even smaller text you can’t read at all from a distance because of the neon. I’d suggest making it not as bright. I’m pretty sure the way you do that is just by choosing a darker colour or lighter colour(I think).
    32%20am

• Other than that the wall textures look low detailed:
    08%20am

• Maybe add a more paved area around the front. With chairs, grassed areas, bushes like the ones you have, light poles ect.:
    47%20am

• I don’t think this concrete grey wall fits here. Maybe change the colour to fit the rest of the build:
    48%20am

That’s really about it. Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

I dont know why it looks like that in the pic. But look at the game and last thing I am like only 25% done sorry for not adding that to the title.

2 Likes

(If you’re talking about the neon) If you have full graphics it’s like that in-game too:

The further you get away/zoom out the better quality it looks:
13%20am

3 Likes

I joined the game and still found it was a problem.

Here’s my view:

Also, I figured you weren’t finished. It still looks great though.

3 Likes

The bottom is a bit too dark. With the night sky it was hard to see. I would also recommend possibly having some outdoor seating and patio for guests.

3 Likes

No I was talking about something else not the neon.

Can you tell me what this is supposed to be? That way I can maybe give some criticism that hasn’t been said up there.

1 Like

This looks great, and has a really nice shape. A few problems though

1. It’s a bit unfinished. Finish it then add details after.

2. You aren’t using enough colors. Try to use different shades.

3. The text isn’t centered in the middle

4. Don’t use textures for the walls if they don’t work. If they’re stretched, they’ll look bad.

Hope some of this can help you

2 Likes

I say some different shades of the color of the roof so if you look at a angle it’s pops out then look like one part.

2 Likes

Building related Errors

Fix brick positioning, there is a lot of overlap around the mirrors. This overlap is caused by the bricks trying to render over one another.

Remember to anchor your entire build when you are done

1 Like

I must say, the exterior is very well done. Though I do have a few suggestions.

• Decrease the lighting on the text, as this build has a very dim theme. Maybe have one of the letters broken and hanging upside down. Its also very simple to script the light on and off every so often.

• The roof is well done, however I think you should decrease the amount of little red arches underneath the uppermost roofing section. If you space them out a little more you may be able to put them around the entire roof, making it look more detailed.

Other than that I really like this build and would love to see the final product.

2 Likes

It looks good.
But you may have to change the materials for the main building.
Also try to make it more special just add more features so it won’t look boring.
Your building has almost 1 colour.
Yeah, even small details can change everything.

1 Like