Rate my Game Icon

I’m finishing up my horror/puzzle game and am looking at cover art now. I came up with this design idea and I’m pretty happy with it. It represents my game nicely (dark, horror, unlocking new doors) and looks pretty cool imo; however, there’s definitely something different between it and the average Roblox game logo. So, what can I improve on/change? And just in general, do you like it?

8 Likes

7/10 but why the door and the soldier looks fake add stuff into the logo

3 Likes

I would consider this an “Icon”, a logo normally applies to text, or typography.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up; I fixed it.

Idk to me the lighting is very misplaced, the door looks like its straight from Hello Neighbor, and the red eyes look kinda awkward. I would really recommend fixing the lighting though.

It takes too long to understand the concept. I would rework the 3D aspect of it, the POV of soldier and resize the icon while adding a logo or text.

2 Likes

get rid of the red eyes, and instead of the primitive light edfect actually try to render the door being lit by a flash light, roblox could probably do this

and work on composition

What you could try to improve is the quality of the door, it really looks like you took a screenshot of the door with a green screen and slapped it in the dark room. The soldier is nice tho. And I think the eyes are pretty nice too. 7/10 for me, but if you improve the door that’s a 8.5/10

i can barely make out the soldier!! try making the lighting a little brighter. the door also looks a bit too cartoony for a horror game because of its perspective.

Honestly, at a first glance, I wasn’t able to figure out what your game was about (without reading). I could tell it was a horror game but nothing much else other than some door is involved. It’s a 6.5/10 for me, it could be improved but it isn’t terrible.

Cameras angle is questionable, I can’t see text or a logo and since the background is black it looks like there is just a random door there. 5.5/10