Rate my Low-Poly speed build

Hey… that’s my house at the very end! Kinda cool to see it being used as a reference.

Oh, cool! Any advice for Low-Poly building?

Just practice and find reference. I found myself working off @ilyannna’s work as reference in the beginning and then eventually found my own kinda style. If you want some screenshots of my work to try and replicate, message me here on the devforums.

Well, you’re getting there. The build looks a bit sharp and chaotic. The windows look like they’re placed totally at random and there is an abundance of triangles in there as well. Consider maybe modelling it after some other low poly house builds? (Like some of the ones @Sentross suggested) Typically, a low poly is rather minimalistic and compact but not totally flat. I mean, just building something in 10 minutes doesn’t necessarily make it low poly.

The building is actually very very good for a 10 minute build. I’m sure you’ll be able to perfect this with more time! Great job!

oh I found it on google images lol

Its a really good house that caught my eye so I thought it was the perfect example. :slight_smile:

It looks pretty good, I would work on the windows, they are all mis-matched. Some are low then some are higher and they really aren’t on the same level. Other than that, you did a good job!

I updated it yesterday @NicholasMcK @Swiffted

1 Like

And, theres not triangles. I used only blocks for the house.

Not sure what’s on the roof then?

uhh if you meant triangle as in the shape then yes there is, idk what i was saying. :joy:

1 Like

It happens :slightly_smiling_face:

It looks ok but I would recommend framing the windows and extending the roof off the sides a bit like on real houses.

prufre

Hello fellow Developer, SchwarzWalde

Well I mean you accomplished the “Rushed” looking part ( just noticed you said go easy on you) , but other then that, it just lacks shape, and color, it also lack’s details but for your “speed build” I would give it a 6/10 here’s a example of around 20 minutes of work:

(please ignore the neon)

Thank you for reading,

~Lawinet

Same like @Sentross Said, Theres No need to make speed builds. You Should take your time to improve and make it perfect in your eyes.

It’s a lovely speed build that you’ve done, however after you’ve done the speed build you should definitely edit it up and make it look even more incredible! :relaxed:

My suggestions

• I’m a bit unsure of the pattern you’ve used with the windows in the first picture. I think you should fix it up a bit, it looks very creative though!

• I also think you should add a little more detail to the edge of the roof where it meets with the wall.

• My last suggestion would be to change the roof at the top, try and see if adding or changing the shape would make it look even better!

However, it looks very good for a speed build so I’m giving it a 6.7/10! Keep up with the fang-tastic work! :crazy_face:

Maybe add a chimney and maybe for the middle part of the house make the roof a whole not 3 parts.

The building is very rushed and unsymmetrical for low poly. The window in the right touches the ground almost and the garage is too tall, colliding with the 2nd floor. You have lack of shaping the building and the roof too. You could add some extra details or decorations. Maybe a pattern as path, a balcony, etc. It’s a rushed quick build. Add bricks around the house, shapes or try experimenting with different colors. The garage look is clean, although the build itsself doesn’t interest me a lot.

For a 10 minute build, you could do a bit better. Good job tho for making it as your first build! :+1: