Rate my low-polyish build

This was made with a friend, rate or suggest things to add because we’re not completely done but we have ran out of ideas. Supportive criticism is appreciated, if you give us a bad rating tell us why please. this was our first actual build took a couple of hours because we had to figure everything out. Not sure if this counts as low poly but, I think it is.

Picture:

Lemme know what you think.

John doe was just used as a reference.

6 Likes

The outside needs a lot of more detail. I would add flowers, sign etc. It seems very empty.

3 Likes

Would suggest adding some bricks sticking outwards, pretty easy to do and gives that little detail

Make it stick out about 2-3 studs also if you don’t want people being able to climb over using them just turn off CanCollide in Behaviour.

6 Likes

Posts like this have been made extremely frequently in the past few weeks – i.e., asking for advice on a plain brick building with some windows. The advice doesn’t really tend to change.

• Make the windows less neon, which can be done by increasing transparency.
  • Add more detail to the important facades.
  • Create more before asking for advice; there is no situational context that can be applied to this build, and it is also very difficult to give advice on something that is so small.
6 Likes

Overall a great looking build, especially since it was your first.

Here are some ideas of what to add:

• Some extra details on the exterior walls. This could be in the form of extruding blocks like @1Katiee suggested, or simply a color variation so it isn’t all just green.
  • Definitely some scenery. Bushes, trees, grass, anything to put the build in an environment. A build surrounded by detail always looks much better than if it stands alone, even if both are identical.

When approaching a build like this I would recommend searching the internet for a reference picture. Just find a picture of a building you really like the look of and take ideas from there.

Best of luck with improvements and future builds!

7 Likes

Looks good, doesn’t have much detail though. Also the carpet isn’t a very good choice in my opinion.

1 Like

Looks good but, sorry for my pickiness, I would recommend resizing the door hammer, making the windows taller, and placing some down by the door. I assume this is one of your first builds with low poly so good job!

1 Like