Rate my nature scene please!

Hello everyone! What do you think of the nice nature scene I made? Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

It looks pretty good and professional, I like the color variation between all the trees. However, why is there magma terrain on there? It doesn’t fit the mood in my opinion. :thinking:

Also, if you want the GYazo link to embed, click on the link, right click the image, then press ‘Copy Image’. After you have that done, go to your post, and press Ctrl + V.

2 Likes

Hey, @ScytheSlayin
I like your approach to the scenery. The shadowing and textures are nice. However, the trees are a bit too plain? They are to me from this distance like a light brown with a “Smooth Plastic” material, which I think takes away from the scene. Other than that, I like this.

1 Like

Yeah sorry about that, just ignore that for now, hehe…

EDIT: Thanks for the help on the picture situation, it’s fixed now!

1 Like

They are actually the grass texture! But I do agree they are plain! Do you think different colors, or do you think I should add objects, like fruits?

Suggestions for improvement in your environment showcase:

• Add the little details, these could include grass features, small and large rocks, logs and sticks found upon the ground, tree roots beyond the surface, and perhaps leaves fallen from the trees.

• Adjust the terrain to fit the projects need, this could include adding sand near the lake to actually help make it more realistic, you could also add the leaves material near the trees.

• Fix the colours used, some of the trees trunks look green in the pictures, also the grass looks way too dark, you should try and increase the light of it.

• Add a main focus, in other words something that makes the scene interesting, this could be a house, cave, portal, crystal, rock structure, etc.

Quick question? Did you attempt to include rocks on the mountains or is that a path?

1 Like

It’s the path tool. Yes. And thank you for your feedback! It went past my mind to add grass, I forgot about enabling it, thank you! :smiley:

Great scene!

I love the array of colors to the trees, it is just like real life.
Also, what was your plan to put the magma terrain in the game?