Rate this handguard

I’ve began working on a handguard for an M4 family-styled rifle, even though it will not be near perfect. I am a huge fan of the military, and I wanted some feedback on the start.
unknown (12)

(Edit)
I was working on a little piece, not sure what it’s called, but I need someone to tell me if I should add wedges to smooth this little barrel piece out, or if I should leave it blocky.
unknown (13)

5 Likes

I think it should be more round but really good so far

1 Like

I like it, it’s a bit long though.

I would leave it blocky.

1 Like

Yeah man really cool, your gun will be great like that :+1:

1 Like

Don’t worry about it, I’m used to it at this point, thank discord.

1 Like

Pretty sure the part your not sure what’s it called is a handguard cap or the delta ring (depending on which side it’s on. If it’s on the front it would be a handguard cap, if it’s on the rear it would be a delta ring).

The handguard itself looks too blocky, but I guess that works. Depending on what type of handguard it is, it would have either picatinny rails, keymod or some other handguard type I forgot. From the looks it is a solid heatshield handguard. Air vents should be on the top and bottom of the handguard.

Add some vent holes and it would be much better.

Other than that it’s not bad.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

It’s supposed to be a delta ring

Also, I’m going for an blocky approach, not for smooth, fully realistic. There are many different styles for handguards when it comes to ARs, so it does not need to be made by all the common firearms companies, for example Armalite, the creator of the AR platform, or Sig Sauer, considering if they did make AR parts. I just kind of made it, and it doesn’t need to be perfect.
But yeah, I’ll definetely try making some vent holes that may look actually different, I planned on doing it sometime, but I couldn’t have been bothered to fix it at the time.