Rating on my tds game

Ui (in game only):

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 2.11.30 AM
(image up top is a bit cut off, sorry)

(“Cash to give” wont pop up until you press the present)

little in game footage:

Keybinds:

Lshift + E + hover - upgrade
E + tower menu - upgrade
Lshift + F + hover - ability
F + tower menu - ability
delete + tower menu - sell
(Targeting mode is currently disabled)
1,2,3,4,5 - activate tower slots

(There is also a global weather system so dont mind if the lightning looks diff in some clips)

2 Likes

Looks nice very playful asthetic to the UI.

One main thing about the top screen UI however as IMO
having one line of text on the left and then two lines on the right looks off. I’d maybe look into the total tower stat being moved closer to the bottom next to the tower inventory (would also fit better)

I think it is interesting how you have given different colour borders to all the elements - I would recommend you stick to one main colour e.g. the grey on the top bar rather than switching it up (theres black on the inventory, blue on the cut off element etc)

Another thing I’d like to see is some UI padding on the elements as ensuring there is padding will make your UI look a lot more professional and give it a cleaner look - some examples are image and

Last main thing that I can see is the style of the gift box which doesnt match the rest of the UI - while the rest of the UI has heavy outlines used the giftbox has none present and I think you should incorporate this into it’s design. (also the padding issue with the cash to give text)

The upgrade UI doesn’t really fit together with this UI because it looks pretty messy.
You could change it and make it smaller, and make the “Target Mode” button just say “Target: First” and add a little small hint text for the keybind to change it. The stats are pretty clunky aswell.