Raycast Hitbox 4.01: For all your melee needs!

Help! If I activate the weapon and then quickly unequip it then I get an output error which points out that Hitbox is nil (on the Hitbox:Stop line). How can I fix this?

Thank you for reading!

1 Like

Hey, I’m making a fighting game and I use your module. But when I create a hitbox in the server side, it’s making my game like, do you have any solution for it please?
Thanks you.

umm did you read your sentence ?

1 Like

Question: Let’s say I create a LocalScript that has a Hitbox created by RaycastHitbox.new. If the LocalScript is Destroy:()’d, will the Hitbox automatically be destroyed too or do I have to destroy it before the LocalScript is destroyed? I don’t want to cause any memory leaks.

1 Like

You must :Destroy() in order to destroy the hitbox.

Hope it helps!

Hitboxes are super unreliable. Randomly hitboxes don’t register even while standing still. Any fix to this?

edit: Just use clientcast. ClientCast - A Client-based, Idiosyncratic Hitbox System! - #146 by caviarbro

How would you go about fixing hitboxes sometimes not working. Randomly hits don’t register and I don’t know why.

Just curious. Have you discovered a solution to this yet or have found a module that does better than this one? My game is at a dead end because of this. If you have any suggestions of other modules that would be very helpful.

How would I add tag to distinc if a player killed another player for leaderboards?

1 Like

Play the attack animations from the server that fixed it for me.

Having the exact same problem with inaccuracy in v4.0.1. I messaged Swordphin about this a couple of days ago, no response yet.

Here’s a bug replication place I made:
Raycast Hitbox v4.0.1 Inaccuracy issues - Roblox

Edit 2 (Better Fix)

EDIT (Quick Fix):
If anyone is looking for a quick fix, adding more DmgPoints seems to do the trick. I’m sure that this is not the most efficient solution but it works.

(my DmgPoints are ~0.25 studs apart and I haven’t experienced any inaccuracy issues yet)

1 Like

Just use clientcast. ClientCast - A Client-based, Idiosyncratic Hitbox System! - #146 by caviarbro

this is also an issue that i am having right now

did you find a fix? please let me know

1 Like

I think you must stop destroying the hitbox on unequip (but i cant remember, also cant check the script since im not at home right now).

Setting the Raycast Params property completely solved inaccuracy issues for me.

local Hitbox = RaycastHitbox.new(Tool)

local RaycastSettings = RaycastParams.new()
RaycastSettings.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Blacklist
RaycastSettings.FilterDescendantsInstances = {Character}

Hitbox.RaycastParams = RaycastSettings

2 Likes

How would I use this with Bones instead of attachments?

It is explained in this post.

1 Like

How would I enable hitbox visualization on client side only. What I mean is I want a setting where a player can enable for only themself to see the hitbox.

1 Like

Is it possible to change the color of the visualizer lines through a function or something?

1 Like

I have a problem where I destroy a part and clone it again with the same DmgPoints from the previous one but everytime I try to start the hitboxes it does not recognize the attachments in that cloned part and no error appears on the output when this happends