Raycast Hitbox 4.01: For all your melee needs!

Play the attack animations from the server that fixed it for me.

Having the exact same problem with inaccuracy in v4.0.1. I messaged Swordphin about this a couple of days ago, no response yet.

Here’s a bug replication place I made:
Raycast Hitbox v4.0.1 Inaccuracy issues - Roblox

Edit 2 (Better Fix)

EDIT (Quick Fix):
If anyone is looking for a quick fix, adding more DmgPoints seems to do the trick. I’m sure that this is not the most efficient solution but it works.

(my DmgPoints are ~0.25 studs apart and I haven’t experienced any inaccuracy issues yet)

1 Like

Just use clientcast. ClientCast - A Client-based, Idiosyncratic Hitbox System! - #146 by caviarbro

this is also an issue that i am having right now

did you find a fix? please let me know

1 Like

I think you must stop destroying the hitbox on unequip (but i cant remember, also cant check the script since im not at home right now).

Setting the Raycast Params property completely solved inaccuracy issues for me.

local Hitbox = RaycastHitbox.new(Tool)

local RaycastSettings = RaycastParams.new()
RaycastSettings.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Blacklist
RaycastSettings.FilterDescendantsInstances = {Character}

Hitbox.RaycastParams = RaycastSettings

2 Likes

How would I use this with Bones instead of attachments?

It is explained in this post.

1 Like

How would I enable hitbox visualization on client side only. What I mean is I want a setting where a player can enable for only themself to see the hitbox.

1 Like

Is it possible to change the color of the visualizer lines through a function or something?

1 Like

I have a problem where I destroy a part and clone it again with the same DmgPoints from the previous one but everytime I try to start the hitboxes it does not recognize the attachments in that cloned part and no error appears on the output when this happends

@TeamSwordphin How do you stop the module from printing output

i tried this it doesn’t work

newHitbox.DebugLog = false

Does the Raycast Hitbox 4.01 support detection for when a part is touched rather than hit?

Hey! I tried both of you’re solutions @ShadowOfVenus and @Khrrxs but didn’t work, so maybe someone else (or @TeamSwordphin may help me), but I’ve been experiencing some heavy inaccuracy, check the video out please (you can hear the hit sound, different on each weapon, on the few times that hitbox worked): Hitbox inaccuracy

Thank you for reading!

@TeamSwordphin Since I haven’t seen any replies regarding on-touch detection, what part of the module takes care of that?

@Quellet , @MILLENNlA you could easily make one like this

fire this

newHitbox:HitStart

without doing this

newHitbox:HitStop()

then it will work like a on-touch detection

even in the docs it shows it

its in 3rd step

1 Like

I see, but when doing so, it either doesn’t damage or does not re-enable itself. It says that HitStop() is required to damage the character again if the player was already hit.

Can you just make a little example code of few lines with a damage function to show how it should be layed out as? Cause I’m really confused by this. :laughing:

For an example: on that sword tool featured in the file, how would I also add touch detection alongside it damaging on activate?

1 Like

UPDATE: I realized that hitboxes work perfectly on dummies, the problem is on players. Can someone assume a solution from this?

UPDATE 2: I FOUND THE PROBLEM :smiley: IT IS THE ACCESSORIES AND HAIR (meshes I guess) IN THE VICTIM’S CHARACTER, DO ANYONE OF YOU KNOW IF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANY PART OF THE MODULE?

Edit: I’m talking about this issue on this topic.

Thank you for reading!

3 Likes

Roblox is currently down

when its not I will try to do your request, “can’t access roblox studio

Is there a way to make it not hit players? I’m making a script with blood droplets that make a blood puddle when they hit the ground and they keep hitting my players character and then making puddles on my character. I’m not very experienced in raycasting yet