Raycasting is completely shutting down

Okay so I think it’s important to note that I’m on the new LuaVM but it happens in-game as well so it’s very confusing.

Basically I have a simple function that ray casts to detect if a part is in an open area, or in an enclosed space. It’s been working really well, except I’ve noticed something really strange today. It’s completely ignoring transparent parts, I don’t have it set that way, and I specifically need it to hit transparent parts. So after going absolutely mental trying to solve this problem, this bug starts appearing:

Which doesn’t make any sense at all because the line calls it properly…

Does anyone else know what’s going on, I saw a post 30 minutes ago with raycasting problems, are they just changing how it works now?

Spelling mistake is what it looks like to me.
Try FindPartOnRayWithIgnoreList
Looks like you missed the capital L on the list.

1 Like

I’ll try that, but it used to be only WhiteList had a capital ‘L’ perhaps that’s what changed since this exact line was working without issue just 45 minutes ago.

Checking on the Dev Hub and it looks like FindPartOnRayWithWhitelist has the lowercase L for list.

1 Like

Ok then, I must’ve gotten confused, my bad. It still is ignoring transparent parts, but at least the line doesn’t error now. Thanks.