RbxMusic: A plugin to search Roblox's APM catalog

Collection update 2020:

The collection process has completed. It has found 371,576 songs!

So…now the real challenge starts: How do I migrate 300k entries of song metadata into a Roblox plugin and still allow real-time searching? I hope to have some free time this week to work on this.

5 Likes

This is so cool and handy, thank you for creating it. I’ve bought the plugin!

1 Like

More music!

As of posting this, RbxMusic now has nearly 372,000 songs available! This has been a month-long journey of insanity to hack together a usable search feature for all the APM music.

Thanks to everyone for the support and feedback. I will continue to keep this plugin updated.

Some features I still want to add:

• Ability to right-click on genre/library/etc. and search by that value
  • Multi-filter ability (e.g. filter by a selection of libraries and/or albums)
  • Importable script that can be used to play the music in your game
  • Track favorite songs
5 Likes

I’ve noticed that you can search music using APM Music’s official website, and it’s pretty decent.

I’ve been using it to find music that I need, and then searching their titles in the catalog to find their asset IDs.

Is it possible you can pull data from there?

https://www.apmmusic.com/

Unfortunately I can’t due to licensing and terms of service stuff

I’m for sure going to buy this soon! Half the time when I use the normal system, it refuses to give me a preview, so this will be very useful!

is about to install it when I realize it costs 120 Robux

Since when you can put a price tag on plugins?!

since this post: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/introducing-plugin-marketplace/400582

Hello, just purchased this plugin to find the song i want doesnt exist in the plugin’s music list, any chance that you will collect new apm songs again? I can also give the music name i need if that helps

1 Like

It won’t collect the new-ish APM songs, as they aren’t in the Roblox Library.

Stolen/fake with a virus in:
RbxMusic - Roblox

2 Likes

Cool but, how does it pause the music as it’s impossible to do it currently?

Cool plugin, worth the 125 robingles I spent, do have a few questions,
With the Monstercat v Roblox collabs, can you also add the added songs from them
and lastly, can you add a search on for audio time aswell?

Just bought this and I don’t regret it, only thing I’d want from it is being able to have a filter such as looking for songs that fit both names and genres instead of one or the other. Still a really good plugin though, better than using the Roblox library.

1 Like

With the update that removes the ability to use other user’s audio, it would be great if this plugin could get a update.

Things I would Like to see

• Right Click Menu
    • Copy Audio ID
    • Copy Audio Link
  • Preview Audio without playing the game (please)
  • Multisearch (search with more than one field)
  • Favoriting/Saving Audio
2 Likes

An update would be greeted indeed. I’ve been using this plugin for around a year now and it’s extremely useful, with the Roblox audio update even more.

RIP this plugin : (

This is super useful especially for the new audio update.

What happened to it? I thought it was just a solution to the audio update

oh i thought it was custom audio my bad