RC car with Roblox jeep

1. I will want to move the Roblox wight Jeep remotely so we’re I sit in the seat and it drives without me in it like a rc car

2. All the body movers are in the car but the seat moves and not the car when I unweld weld the seat

3. I’ve looked through the code but I can’t figure how it’s applying the forces to change there location

Yeah the issue is the Jeep is weird in this aspect.

The velocity is applied to the humanoid root part and not the actual jeep model. I talked about it here in this post.

I suggest using another vehicle to do the job. I suggest this constraint chassis because it’s simple, works good, and really modifiable and understandable. Though I dislike certain unoptimized aspects of it but that can be easily changed as it’s not loaded with too much features like A chassis.

However, I suggest increasing the friction of the wheels or else it’ll have no grip and can’t climb up slopes, and yeah that’s it, a friction value of one should do.

1 Like

So can I just set it to something other then to root part

Oh yeah :sweat_smile: maybe that could work as well Perhaps the chassis part of the jeep or a centralized part of the jeep should work.

But just be noted of the issues with the jeep and the difficulties in modifying in the future though you can still use some code bits from it like the spring suspension system which is good.

It works but it only works after doing nothing for a random amount of time.https://youtu.be/WBV5QRXocFo

im pressing wsad the whole time

The issue is with this line of code and the fact the seat is separated from the model:

car.DriveSeat:SetNetworkOwner(player)

Only network ownership of the seat is given to the player and not the jeep body. As a result you can only control the jeep for a certain amount locally of time before the server takes control and rejects all user local control.

Also normally vehicle seats handle this kind of stuff automatically as well see the network ownership article example 2.

To fix it give network ownership of the jeep to the player.

So I do this and thanks for all your help.

car:SetNetworkOwner(player)