Constraint Chassis

Hi , I heard a lot of people have trouble with making constraint vehicles so i made this open sourced Chassis

The Chassis Includes

1. Suspension

1. Mobile Support (Which means the controls are on point with the user’s input) Make sure to use the new Dynamic Thumbstick for this to work properly

1. Configurations ( You can change them in real time)

1. It automatically sets networkownerships

Update

1. Automatic Welding ( You can put a Custom Body inside the Body under the Model and they will be welded , put tires or rims under the Wheel and they will also be welded)

And the chassis is more organized.

Place File

ConstraintChassis (DampFix).rbxl (22.9 KB)

If you have any problems with it feel free to DM me on Discord Fahed#1551

And thats it

151 Likes

Cool. Covers the basics of using constraints for vehicles. P.S maybe put all the constraints into a folder and make it slightly more organized? Such as making a folder like for the body and wheels.

5 Likes

Thanks - this is helpful

2 Likes

yea i just made an update and put all the constraints inside a folder

2 Likes

chief, this is it.

thanks man nice contribution

5 Likes

Where have you been :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Awesome! Well made!

1 Like

Very nice @Fahedgt5

2 Likes

Stole my thunder. That’s fine, I’ll just add in some fancy scriptable features.

2 Likes

No, he stole my thunder, and only I can do that.

On a serious note, I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to do this for a while, and you’ve brought it to me. This will be really useful in my games.

3 Likes

I’ll be releasing my own version soon featuring some nice features, including emulation of controlled body roll and so on.

2 Likes

Thank you Fahed, very cool!

1 Like

Nice work!
Was there a reason you used a Prismatic and a hinge rather than the CylindircalConstraint? It’s a combination of the two!

5 Likes

For these systems you really need a Prismatic and two hinges. I got away with a single prismatic and a hinge per wheel in mine because I use rotating the attachments to steer. I hate cylindricals btw, they are so unwieldy to work with, even in Explorer.

1 Like

I used prismatic constraints to move the spring constraints in one axis

2 Likes

This. Is. Amazing. I have little experience with vehicles on Roblox, so this will definitely be helpful. Thanks!

Hate to bump this, but when I try making the chassis smaller the whole thing flips around. Is there a size limit?

2 Likes

You will likely need to adapt the forces and lengths of the constraints to match the smaller size of the chassis.

2 Likes

That makes sense. How would I go about doing that, and more importantly, doing it properly?

1 Like

Most I can tell you is to experiment. Look at all of the constraints, adjust their numbers. You will more than likely find that the spring rates are proportional to how small/light the vehicle is.

2 Likes