RDC 24 - Builderman Q&A

Sup Devs!

RDC 24 is just under a month away - which means it’s time to start collecting your burning questions to ask Builderman during his Q&A.

Please submit your questions here no later than Thursday, August 15 @ 5pm Pacific time.

See you next month :partying_face:

76 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Excited for this tradition to be back!! Can’t wait for all the burning questions people have to be answered :relieved:

Also a little question regarding the form: Are multiple submissions/questions allowed?

9 Likes

Sounds Super Exciting!! All my friends who are going enjoy!

4 Likes

I’m really looking forward to hearing how they’ll respond to some of the questions I have in mind.

Also, I’m curious to see if others will ask insightful questions.

3 Likes

When will UGC creators make more than nine cents on the dollar while Roblox pockets most of the revenue?

“Please stay tuned”
“We’re investigating and are excited for”
“We love when <x>, stay tuned”
“There’s always room for <verb>, keep an eye out”

15 Likes

That sounds fun! I wonder what people will ask builderman…

3 Likes

Nice! I wonder what type of questions we’ll get to see :eyes:

2 Likes

What Are The Future Plan’s for new events or future of roblox? Any supposedly hints, and also what is roblox gonna do for it’s brands and people coming near over these stuff?

3 Likes

Yup - multiple submissions are allowed!

6 Likes

This is an awesome idea, I just worry the more pressing issues (Devs making very little money after marketplace fees, especially UGC creators, Moderation Issues, Public UGC Issues, etc.) will get ignored, while questions boosting Roblox’s PR image will be the ones answered. Excited to see what happens though!

4 Likes

I’m glad to see things like this open for everybody!

3 Likes

Looking forward to the latest news & questions !!
I have 2 of my own.

1. MORE PLAYERS.
When likely will the system be able to handle 500 players on the same server ?
(Use case EG:) 100 players vs another 100 players - Plus up to 300 Spectators.

In case previous is way off still…

2. STREAMING ROBLOX GAMES
Are there any plans (or a way in Guilded) to be spectators outside of the Game (that can only hold 200 players) - almost like streaming ?
It’s easy to stream 1 game - but if there is a CHAMPIONSHIP Event going on at the same time (on many servers) - people would like to watch their friends or jump from one to the other.

Of course… if too expensive - there should be a way for a Streaming Experience (thus then possible for multiple servers)… that can be used to watch other Experiences as if they were spectators in those very experiences (willing Devs would set up Spectators Cams/Links to the Roblox "Streaming Experience - allow this).

These questions are in view of Championship spectating by very large numbers… that Roblox currently cannot do on it’s OWN platform (in Experiences/Games).
I believe in doing this - it can take Roblox to even greater heights !! (like other Platforms).
Thanks.

2 Likes

Just saw this post, hopefully late submissions are still submissions :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Same, wish I could have saw this post earlier :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I was wondering why the Dev community were so quiet. :confused:

1 Like

Are they planning to bring back egg hunts/themed events in the new event format?

Will there be an uploaded video with all the questions from the Builderman Q&A? The livestream on YouTube ended before the Q&A; and there is no video of it on YouTube. I sent a question and I have no idea if it was answered because I didn’t get an invite to RDC. Was this forum post only for RDC attendees?

1 Like

Devrel intentionally does not record the builderman Q&A, because it would result in bad PR. The answer is no unfortunately.

1 Like

@Reditect I have a copy of every single livestream from RDC, including the builderman Q&A. If you want to watch the Q&A, shoot me a DM and I can send you a copy of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes