RDC24: What We Announced

This was a great RDC!! I am especially excited for the music changes (since I do music also, as “Shyeep”). Can’t wait to get my songs out there available on the platform :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to this next year and growing as Roblox keeps moving ahead.

9 Likes

Did engineers or really anyone else that wasn’t developing the event make this decision? No
Lets not keep arguing about this, it’s not important

6 Likes

Where can this tool be found?

11 Likes

Fair enough. But that next gen UI man… :sob:

7 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with it. The style is way cleaner and is the industry standard, Roblox has been behind in the UI game for years

16 Likes

Was hoping for a skybox revamp or increasing max distance for lights. And also clocktime reworking. Unfortunate to see that isn’t being announced

11 Likes

That would be nice. Also custom fonts would be a pretty cool feature

8 Likes

dont worry about it our developer community lieks to complain a lo

11 Likes

Those are most likely being worked on behind the scenes. Not everything will be announced at RDC and will probably be added to the roadmap later

5 Likes

If I’m not wrong full support for all google fonts is coming at some point which would be more than enough.

7 Likes

Waiting another year for server authority to be more than a passing mention…

7 Likes

Everything is great but this seems like a terrible idea. Let’s divide the Roblox userbase over currency even more! It was so positively received for the marketplace update, the users will love this! There for sure won’t be any formerly free games go pay-to-play for USD for an outrageous price.

18 Likes

This is cool!

OH I REMEMBER THIS! It was a great feature!

HOLD UP! AM I READING THIS RIGHT?!? IF SO I’M READY TO CELEBRATE!

7 Likes

What about console chat? It’s been almost a year and no announcement yet

10 Likes

Amazing work all-around on this one.

2 Likes

The groups revamp is worth a million bucks and more. The fact that we can now have a discussion in groups about games akin to Reddit or Twitter is extremely valuable to many developers, and can help with building a Discord-like community.

I’m also super excited for the Music update, hopefully most artists will bet their money on this because this may be the end of having to use solely royalty free music.

5 Likes

19 Likes

Man they delayed the accessory adjustment update, :sad: but i’ll give them time to finish it. :happy1:

8 Likes

This is a brilliant feature, but why is there such reluctance to release roblox-cli, or a less internal variant of it.

Do I seriously have to phone home just to run a unit test set, I think I’ll be sticking with my current setup that runs under Lune for now :slight_smile:

It would be nice if this could generate old-style TTS voices rather than AI generated for some really funny meme games, or just for people who would rather have the old-style aesthethic

11 Likes

These are great new features!

I can’t wait for Improved Data Stores, Groups Becoming Communities, Custom Matchmaking and Community-Generated Templates to be added, these will be life changer for most developers! As well as the new cool looking, improved and modernized studio UI!

2 Likes