[RDC's New Game]: Recruiting Developers

Apologies, let me clear some of this up for you.

The 58% is actually a 117%. The payments are divided between each developer. As you must be wondering, what does the extra 17% go to? The extra 17% will be divided into the developers that do not have enough revenue yet. The amount that the people still need to get paid will be from the rest of the group’s assets. For example, the T-Shirt, any donations, etc. The 17%, of course, will be divided equally between the developers.

I understand that not everyone is going to be available all of the time. I said this to make it clear that to get paid, you need to actually work, and not just sit back and watch.

I said we as in the Head Council of RDC.

Thank you for pointing these mistakes out.

Sincerely,
ChasingNachos

As crazy as it does sound, I am not planning to take anything for myself. I am going to take out the extra UI and GFX.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Also, in regards to the title of my group, I actually didn’t know that the conference was RDC. Thank you for telling me.

You can’t exceed past 100%.

If this is truly a nonprofitable project as you claim then I applaud you. I used to see these projects back when developers exchange didn’t exist, I’d love to see what your team is capable of.

To make sure everything runs smoothly through production I recommend the following:

• Close this post, reopen it after you’ve got a better understanding of how you want the game to be. As you’ve seen for yourself coming unprepared resulted in a negative outcome discouraging those from being interested.
  • Only hire those that are passionate, share a common interest in the project.
  • Don’t rush into production, take your time to scout out those who are capable of fulfilling your vision.

If you’re currently incapable of assembling the team due to lack of funding then it might be best to temporarily put the project on hold.

You should probably mention in an edit of your original post or make a new post that you’ve shutdown your group to ensure nobody is confused if they contact you.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-developer-central-important-message-shutdown/249237

1 Like

You’re not likely to get any Developers in which they don’t know anything about the game or it’s style, as different builders for an example are good at a certain style but not so good at another. I suggest think of a game concept, theme & style before posting, will help you alot more for getting Developers within your team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.