Re-add searching by keybind and description back to Customize Shortcuts menu

Previously, in the customize shortcuts menu you were able to search by keybind and description.

However, it appears recently (although i do recall a very similar change from several months back?) that you can no longer search by keybind or by description.

For instance, searching ctrl

Previously this would show all actions which have Ctrl as part of one of their keybinds.

Could this be re added? I used it quite frequently to see if I had something bound to a specific keybind.

1 Like

Are you having this issues on Windows or Mac?

I’ve had this issue using windows to run Roblox Studio, although I don’t have a Mac so I haven’t tested it on Mac.

My Laptop Specs

Alienware 17 R5

GPUs:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
  • Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

please fix this, I don’t set these keybinds often but when I do it’s frustrating to look through every keybind to make sure that I’m not replacing an existing one

I think if that’s what you were using this functionality for, rather than polluting the search results and making it harder to find relevant results, it should just be possible to see if a key has already been bound.

E.g. When you try to make a binding, it shows you a dialog, “this shortcut has already been bound to [action name], replace it?”

1 Like

Yes, that should be added too but imagine wanting to add a new keybind with CTRL + somekey, if it doesn’t show up in search I’m gonna have to test every key… that isn’t a nice experience

If you are concern about polluting the search results then they could add a filter setting for that