Reach More People With Search Ads

I really like the sound of this new sponsor method, but…

Can we expect audience targeting for this soon? I understand that this will considerably decrease the amount of impressions I would be able to get but, in some cases, developers may not want to sponsor to a specific audience due to its low Average Revenue Per Daily Active User.

The minimum bid of 0.02 ad credits also kinda sucks… while I’m sure the search targeting will bring more revenue per player, I don’t really want to be spending 5.7 R$ per play when the classic sponsor is only half of that (2.85 R$ per play).

10 Likes

I think there are some challenges in that, since you will only pay per play.
If your game costs 50 robux but you only pay 1 robux per play, you would have yourself a money glitch I guess. Or just a very low amount of impressions in the ad bidding system.
The pay per play stuff makes paid games a bit difficult I guess.

4 Likes

Very valid point actually, but a (probably) simple solution would be to make it so that paid-access games bid for impressions rather than plays.

6 Likes

Really helpful although ingame ads are kinda useless since Roblox made it specifically for 18+ devs to use. Wish this feature was reversed

2 Likes

Hi, did you guys turn off sponsored games for today? None of my ads seem to be working.

2 Likes

time for my historically accurate ww1 shooter game to appear as the top result for skibidi toilet

6 Likes

This sounds awesome! Search ads are something I’ll definitely be using.

1 Like

You caught them and they actually changed it lol

3 Likes

I really don’t get why we pay for plays, if you have a terrible thumbnail, terrible icon, you’d still end up getting the same amount of players for X amount, but to get those, you’d have to get way more impressions than other sponsors? Though I assume it would take much longer to get plays

So I guess, if the system spends your budget too fast, just make terrible icons and stuff

The logic behind the new ad system makes no sense to me

3 Likes

Lol, I didn’t even notice, thank for the hint.

How so? It is better to pay for what you get, instead for what you might get.

I hope the balance between sponsored and most relevant is heavily tilted towards most relevant and less concentrated on sponsored.

Not gonna put any filtering on the search tags you can use?
Why wouldn’t I just make my game show up when you search “free robux”…

2 Likes

How do bids for this work if your game already shows up if you use the stated search term.
IE if your game normally shows up 5th when you search something, and then you run a search ad, do you now get charged for visits you’d be getting anyway?

2 Likes

the keywords for ads are kinda weird… why is there free robux?

aside from that, wonderful update! can’t wait to see how this works out for my experiences!

4 Likes

This seems like a cool update but can’t it get easily abused by adding the most popular tags even when not related to the game sponsored?

2 Likes

lower minimum bid on both this and standard sponsors and ad manager becomes :fire:

literally why 0.02 minimum bid for search ads, yeah this makes it easier to advertise to desired group, but you cant select country, platform or age meaning 5.7 R$ for 1 play from there is way too much

atm there’s no reason to go higher than 0.01 with good enough icon even after selecting top countries, platforms and genres on standard sponsors meaning that there’s a lot of place for lower bids also over there

1 Like

What you get are impressions, impression don’t depend on variable factors such as icons, thumbnails, experience name, etc. From those impressions, you then get plays. But with this system, you get more impressions the worse your stats are

There is currently no incentive to make the icon and thumbnails good, if you get paid for plays instead of impressions
This could lead to crappy ads becoming more and more prevalent as they wont be any worse than good ads (from a spending perspective, not a time perspective), and will be shown more often to users for the same amount of plays

I get the idea of guaranteeing impressions, that removes the market’s variation of the old system, and you can prevent spending when the market is over saturated with ads, but guaranteeing plays is just, odd…

2 Likes

Yes, your game would show up as the first large tile, followed by your search ad.

11 Likes

We plan to add more features over the coming months, and adding more audience targeting options makes sense. Thank you for sharing this feedback and we’ll keep you posted.

11 Likes