Reach More People With Search Ads

Because that’s what most kids in roblox search.

To me it is, it depends on how it performs for your game and how you are selecting the right audience.

If your game doesn’t generate money or is a bad, unplayable game; I don’t think it’s worth it.

The average user spends about 2 robux in my game and it costs me about 2.85-5.7 robux per play.
With search ads targeting the right terms, there is a desire to click on your game. They are more likely to become a paying user.
Next to that, any playing users play with some algorithms, such as home recommendations to those users’ friends, the welcome badge they receive functions as a button on their profile to your game’s page, etc.

2 Likes

Are search ads broken at the moment? Our latest search ad used less than a single ad credit over its entire lifetime when the budget was 60 ad credits and had a max bid of 0.05 :confused:

1 Like

Same problem as you, I ran around 20 ad credits and it only spent 1.83 credits, and I didn’t get them back.

1 Like

Can you give us some update on your experience with search ads please?

Your recent post helped me.

Thanks.

I did find something I personally find interesting today, although it may not be too interesting to others and I have no idea if others already found this out.

While adding tons of search terms to compare their effectiveness, I think I found the internal limit of the ad sets. I think this number is 50 ad sets, since this message appears after trying to create a 51th search ad set on the same campaign.
afbeelding

I used the website debugger tool and found the following message:
HTTP/2 429
{"error":{"code":8,"message":"rpc error: code = Internal desc = AMA-0011: internal server error. Failed to create ad set"}}
429 indicating too many requests, but the x-ratelimit respond headers tell me I have enough request budget.

From that information I think I can conclude; the maximum amount of (search) ad sets per campaign is 50.

So if you are trying to test effectiveness per key word in the way I do it, by creating different ad sets, you would also need to run multiple campaigns OR keep the amount of search terms below 50.

1 Like

I think Roblox has limited this amount to 2 Search Ads.
From a few test searches I can’t see anything with over 2 search ads, as you can see in the following examples:

Another example where the game searched for still appears in the top left corner with a big icon.
Only next to that, you see the maximum amount of 2 Search Ads.

I think I am correct about the 2 Search Ads per search, however none of my information is verified, this is purely based on a pattern I see. I haven’t seen over 2 Search Ads appear.

This is so ignorant and tone-deaf, like why even ask for our feedback when you don’t actually listen to it, everyone just wants the user ads back which you sunset to force everyone to the more expensive advertising option, this new sponsored ad system is only good for the large studios, so you might as well just have smaller focus groups with them instead of acting like you really care what all of us plebs think.

1 Like

Audience estimation for search ads is now available in Ads Manager. Audience estimation will show the approximate number of Roblox user accounts your search ad could potentially reach over a month, based on the keywords, budget, and bids you set.

8 Likes

You just spoke straight facts. Anyway, I doubt they ever go back to the old systems that were tried and true. Now we got broken and expensive!!!

1 Like