Reaction force strength building up with time

I wanted to post a bug report about some weird physics interaction that occurs on this specific case:
I have a paddleboat in the shape of a vehicle with bricks welded to the wheels, which, for the reasons of a water navigating vehicle, works well enough
when the vehicle isn’t moving, the paddles balance in a cross (+) shape, and I decide to jump on one of the paddles (like below) and stay there

you wouldn’t expect anything after jumping from the paddle, except, what happens is that when you jump, the boat will receive a push proportional to the time you spent waiting on the paddle, from unnoticeable for short periods, to extreme force for periods spanning several minutes

the bricks are welded to the wheels using F3X building tools, so basically, by manualwelds and not welds done through surface joining
there are also no scripts implied in this case
the bug doesn’t seem to be specific to a place, as it can be done in studio or in a live sandbox game
I linked a place file with the scenario described for testing reasons
bugrepro.rbxl (19.1 KB)

8 Likes

tested further, bug does not seem to rely on water to happen
bugrepro
or on the (vehicle) seats
bugrepro2
as I processed the gifs, it looked like, for one frame, the hinges snapped, so I guess that they are the root cause of this issue
edit: yep, it seems that even the most basic vehicle suffers from this issue
bugrepro3