[READ] Roblox Home Development Team

Roblox Home aka @Playstation Home

PlayStation Home was a virtual 3D social gaming platform developed by Sony Computer Entertainment’s London Studio for the PlayStation 3 on the PlayStation Network. It was accessible from the PS3’s

PlayStation Home took the sadness, and depression out of the players current world problems. Most of us has heard of this platform from our childhoods. Or socially played it everyday as another life.

Home allowed users to create a custom avatar, which could be groomed realistically. Each avatar was given a personal apartment that users could decorate with free, bought, or won items. Users could travel throughout the Home world, which was frequently updated by Sony and its partners. Public spaces were made for display, entertainment, advertising, and networking. Home’s primary forms of advertising included spaces themselves, video screens, posters, and mini-games. Home also featured many single and multiplayer mini-games, and hosted a variety of special events, some of which provided prizes to players. Users could use won items to further customize their avatar or apartments.

Back-Story of PlayStation Home

PlayStation Home was brought up by Phil Harrison president of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios at the time. He liked the idea of the PlayStation users to have a some sort of “Hub” to interreact socially with, with the original name of “The Hub”. PlayStation headquarters located in Japan never understood the concept of this idea back in the PlayStation 3 development. They thought of this as useless, and multiplayer as a co-op mode where you could officially play with friends on the same screen. Phil Harrison to my mind really brought the online gaming community to life with the creation of PlayStation Home, Officially published in 2008.

“The Hub” Started off with development of avatars for players, these avatars had the concept of cartoon characters. Soon Phil Harrison realized that it was time to bring social realism to life with realism to even make you’re avatar completely facial likes to describe how you actually look in real life.

Content

Content within PlayStation home was amazing, players could play with each other from the hub, become friends, and more. Emotes, dance moves, avatar purchases. I mean it was amazing for the decade.

Users could create their own avatar or use one of several preset avatars available. Users could customize a variety of their avatar’s features, which included gender, skin tone, hair, body shape, and facial structure. They could also customize their avatar’s clothing and accessories using a set of standard items that could be obtained from a variety of places, including the clothing shops in Home’s shopping complex, items won from Home’s mini-games, or PS3 games that supported Home rewards.

Users could access their wardrobe from the Menu Screen at any time and location, except when in another user’s personal apartment. The wardrobe contained two sections: one was the main wardrobe for frequently used items (capacity of 500), and the other was a storage section for less frequently used items. New items were marked accordingly. Users could also filter the wardrobe view to only display favorite, purchased, rewards, or recently acquired items.

Personnel Space

Users were given an avatar and an apartment which they could personalize with their own choice of decor and furnishings. The user’s avatar was the means of travel and communication, while personal spaces and clubs were means of expressing themselves and meeting new people and friends.

Spaces
Home consisted of various locations for players to interact and participate in activities, which were produced by both Sony Computer Entertainment and various third parties. Spaces on the Navigator were broken up into categories based on each space’s publisher and/or purpose. Spaces’ names and availability varied based on the user’s location.

User Generated Content

Picture frames were the first feature to support user-generated content with photo sharing. The inFamous Game Space also supported user-generated content by allowing users to create their own unique graffiti designs in the graffiti mini-game and save it to their PS3s HDD to display for their friends. Users were also able to create their own apartments with dreams On October 16, 2009, Rockstar Games began having “Beaterator Parties” at the Listen@Home station in North America’s former Central Plaza. Beaterator is a PSP game that allows users to mix their own music and produce their own loops. During Beaterator sessions, Rockstar Games played Beaterator tracks that users had uploaded to the Rockstar Games Social Club

PlayStation home sadly closed down on March 31st, 11 days ago marks the 5th year of the closure. I want something like this back. And I want to make it possible on this platform.

What am I trying to achieve? A game platform users can enjoy, many want this back.

So what do you say? Can I achieve this goal or no?

Roblox Home, officially in planning stages 4/10/2020
All Rights Reserved ©

Sincerely,

Roblox Home Development Team

Outline

8 Likes

This seems like a fun way to bring back a noglistic gaming idea. I’m sure many vertan players may find it exciting and fasinating.

1 Like

Sounds like a very great idea! It kinda feels like you’re going to make a hangout hub. Sounds cool, can’t wait to try it.

2 Likes