Realistic builder tries cartoon

I tried building a medieval cartoon build! Typically I make super high-poly builds that are relatively realistic, but I decided to try something different. All models are mine!

Medieval build

(I did not try too hard on the environment, just the building :grinning:)

Please leave some feedback below! I’d love to get better

18 Likes

Hey, first of all wonderful build.

This looks great but I think it could still use some more details such as; vegetation (some grass coming down from the roof)

As I can see the roof could use some work too, maybe a few patterns to give it more of a cartoony vibe. I also cannot see a chimney this might make your build a bit better.

As for the walls I think it could use a pattern or some bricks since it looks quite plain at the moment.

Other than that I think it looks great, keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I will consider them, and I forgot to add the chimney so thanks for reminding me!

3 Likes

Hi, I like the big blocks on the corners of the house.
I think the roof could do with some tiles and also it could have a bit more of a hang over on the ends of the roof and I would say you could change the upstairs windows to being the same as the down stairs ones,
and maybe add some trees around for the miscellaneous logs
other than that good job.

This looks pretty, good, but it might look better if you give the roof a little more detail. Maybe make it have different roof tiles.

Also, I’m almost certain you copied my bushes I made for my upcoming game.

This is a joke.

I mean it’s not exactly a very unique bush design… Both bushes in both pictures are basically spheres with a tiny face count.

I don’t think it’s copied, just similar

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, but that was a joke.

1 Like

Lit windows! I like how the light floods a little bit around the outside (though it should be nighttime). I’m a fan, but if you have the time, you should play around with it a little more. The light is too bright and too uniform. If the windows were frosted glass and you threw a couple dimmer lights behind it, you could get look that changes as you walk around the house.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I will add some more detail to the roof😄

Did you use the isotope mesh in blender? Me too haha

1 Like

I built the map for night time! Just put it in day to show the build more. I will try redoing the windows/ trying different things. Thanks!

I actually did do the same windows as the downstair ones originally, though it just looked repetitive and plain to me. I thought doing a different design would make it a little better. I will fix the roof and add some detail. Thank you for the feedback!

Looks good, the windows seem to have a little to much glow, other than that it looks good :smile:

1 Like

oh somebody already seemed to mention this, sorry abt that!

1 Like