Realistic Grass Devlog

Hello, Everyone I have been working on some things using the Roblox engine, and one of those things, is realism. I have always liked trying new things, and now I am trying to create realistic foliage in Roblox, so what do you all think of this Realistic grass I made?

this is with More dense Grass but if It has a large area it will lag, so for now I just stuck with this as an example.

Preformance Results.

New Grass has been preforming better.

Extremely realistic test

Feedback is Welcome.

21 Likes

That looks really good, very realistic.

1 Like

Thank you, I tried making it denser for more realism but that gets a bit taxing when it comes to memory.

1 Like

Well, why you don’t use the Roblox terrain feature in Roblox studio and second the grass in the picture can make your game lagy and in unplayable

2 Likes

The point of this is making realistic grass, not using roblox’s built in features.

6 Likes

In this here my PC was running smoothly, but if I had more It starts to lag, and I used a plugin to paint the grass to the terrain that is made with the in-engine terrain system.

2 Likes

Im going to test some things more in an empty project that should make it easier to gauge how much the grass impacts preformance.

2 Likes

To make the grass in the first picture look more realistic I would recommend you make the grass smaller.

The grass in the third picture looks amazing :happy4: Very realistic! Hopefully you can figure out how to reduce lag and use it in some games.

2 Likes

Stunning. Just stunning. (lol, I am actually praising grass.)

1 Like

Wow was not expecting this.

The second pictures grass definitely looks the best. The first pictures lighting looks the best.

1 Like

The only way I know at the moment for reducing lag is to reduce the density which isn’t Ideal but it works to a certain point where it still looks nice.

Wow. Pretty Nice ngl. :grinning:

1 Like

Keep in mind, roblox cannot make the grass (or any other object) realistic, no matter how hard you try.
But good work done anyway, bravo!

1 Like

I am aware that it can’t be extremely realistic, but I still want it to look as good as possible.

How did you do that? I need to know bro

1 Like

I actually took some real grass from my back yard took a photo of it, cut it out, made sure there weren’t weird artifacts, colour correction. Then put it in Roblox. Not a very fast process but the results are good.

I mean like getting the grass to only be placed on Enum.Material.Grass Terrian. I have a kinda similar thread about it: How can I orientate a part according to terrain?

Just wondering how you did it

You managed to orientate it according to the sloped terrain in picture 1

In need to know

1 Like

I actually just used a plugin to paint it on.

Wdym what plugin how did you do it?

It’s a popular plugin called, I think brush tool or something like that. It is very good tool for painting on objects.